Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MR strategies...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MR strategies...

I am not familiar with AMEX MRs.  I only use them for credit against statements on my wife's Blue Cash and I use them for gift cards on my Gold card, because the points on that card do not translate point for cent, the way it does on my wife's Blue Cash for statement credits.  I am very familiar with URs, but I'm wondering if there is a parallel strategy with MRs?  Any AMEX strategies out there or card combos that are be similar to Freedom/FU/Ink to CSP or CSR?  Can you combine MRs like you can URs? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: MR strategies...

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not familiar with AMEX MRs.  I only use them for credit against statements on my wife's Blue Cash and I use them for gift cards on my Gold card, because the points on that card do not translate point for cent, the way it does on my wife's Blue Cash for statement credits.  I am very familiar with URs, but I'm wondering if there is a parallel strategy with MRs?  Any AMEX strategies out there or card combos that are be similar to Freedom/FU/Ink to CSP or CSR?  Can you combine MRs like you can URs? 

Yes, the MR combine, so a common use case is Platinum for the perks (and now for airfare) and something like PRG for bonus categories (or EDP/ED)

Using MRs for gift cards is like using UR for cash.   Possible, but not a great use.

Message 2 of 3
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: MR strategies...

if you are familiar with using UR for transfer to travel partners , I feel MR isn't that much different. You have access to the big three alliances. Delta-skyteam, BA-OW- , ANA/SQ/Aeroplan- star alliance. Just have to find the right partner for your needs.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.