Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CAP1 EXEC. CALL--UPDATED!--

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

MY CAP1 EXEC. CALL--UPDATED!--

i decided to give cap1 one last shot at giving me something on my 3yr old acct that has never recieved ANYTHING, despite perfect standing. so i called the number given to me by some of myfico members on my thread from yesterday. i actually had a DECENT experience. i explained to the lady that i had been a customer of cap1 for over 3yrs and have always kept my account in good standing but despite that cap1 has never rewarded me with ANYTHING and i just wanted to give it one last shot to see if they would reconsider. she told me that she was sorry that cap1 was so "conservative" and that to give me a little something she was going to add rewrds to me regular platinum card (i wonder if this means she will PC me to the Cash back card?) and then she was going to have my acct immediatly put under manuel review for a cli and that she was going to do evertyhing in her power to make sure i got one(even though she said she couldnt promise anything) even if it meant getting me enrolled in "credit steps" as a last resort. she asked that i give her a couple days to work on it and then she took my number down and PROMISED to peronally call me back in a couple days. lets keep our fingers crossed that SOMETHING happens! Smiley Wink Now, does this mean im Hopefull? lets just say im not gonna hold my breathSmiley Frustrated but it will be very interesting to see what happens from here

UPDATE--8/1/12. As promised im coming back to update. my experience this time was 50/50, but by far the best one ive ever had with cap1. the rep that promise to call actually did at 3 this afternoon and told me she had good/bad news. first off, she was not able to get my Credit line increased and she took the time to give me some valuble info." Cap1 is just realizing that many customers are cancelling/closing accts b/c we are not growing wth our customers and we want to fix this, in an effort to do so we have begun" testing" new policies regarding CLI and  really lossening up on our Cli policy and are working towards being able to Grow with ALL cardholders on ALL ACCTS! this is includes EXCELLENT,AVERAGE,FAIR, and REBUILDING account card holders. it is our goal to begin giving out CLI across all accounts again but we realize the economy is bouncing back but has not fully bounced back yet so we are just now "DIPPING" our feet in the water with this new CLI "test" instead of jumping in head-first, so please bare with us while these tests are being conducted as i feel positive they will be implemented in the very NEAR future" < this is all her talk. BUT she was able to PC my account into the CASH BACK card with pretty decent rewards. so now ill at least have rewards altough i doubt ill ever use the dismal 300CL card. but anyways i felt her to be very truthful and down to earth. and this was not ordinary rep she was straight out of the EXEC department. 1 out of only 3 employess that work in that officeSmiley Happy so i dont believe she had any reason to lie and i never threatened her to close my account . but hey at least CAp1 ACTUALLY did something this time, compared to the other 367 calls where nothing has ever been accomplished. just wanted to give ya'll and update. lets ALL HOPE she was right about these new "policies" and that they will ACTUALLY be put into affect in the near future so we can all get CLI FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: MY CAP1 EXEC. CALL

Please keep us updated. I have to do something about my Cap 1 too.

Message 2 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Usually when they offer rewards to your regular card, they give you the option of cash, or miles, if you choose cash, you will most likely  be PCd to the Capital One Cash card.(When they did my PC they read me a bunch of terms and conditions and whatnot) Whether or not you will actually get the cool looking green card or not, I do not know (i'm still waiting to get one from my PC, card in the mail right now). You rewards will probably show up on your online account within a few days, and when they PCd me I actually got a new "Document' which was like "OMG congrats u haz cash card" on my online account about a week later. 

Good luck on your CLI, at least you got rewards now Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 25
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Please keep us updated. I have to do something about my Cap 1 too.

most certainly will do! as soon as i find out something i will come back an post here. dont close your card yet, she told me she would have some valuable information regarding ALL cap1 card holders that she wouldnt mind sharing with me when she called me back. i will be more than happy to let ya'll know that also. hopefully something will be done!

Message 4 of 25
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Usually when they offer rewards to your regular card, they give you the option of cash, or miles, if you choose cash, you will most likely  be PCd to the Capital One Cash card.(When they did my PC they read me a bunch of terms and conditions and whatnot) Whether or not you will actually get the cool looking green card or not, I do not know (i'm still waiting to get one from my PC, card in the mail right now). You rewards will probably show up on your online account within a few days, and when they PCd me I actually got a new "Document' which was like "OMG congrats u haz cash card" on my online account about a week later. 

Good luck on your CLI, at least you got rewards now Smiley Very Happy

thats very true! i chose cash back so hopefully they will PC me to the cash card. JSU, how long ago was your PC? did they offer (or did you ask) about any kind of CLI?

Message 5 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

my PC was around 3-4 weeks ago. I didnt ask for CLI because my account was only 2 weeks old when they offered me a PC and I knew they would say no, plus i'm fine with a $3000 CL for now, and I'll get my credit steps after statement 6. I did request a CLI for S&G's about 2 weeks later though through the automated phone system, and they told me no because the card hasn't even shown up on my CRs yet. 

Message 6 of 25
gettnthere
Established Contributor

you do have an awesome limit considering its CAP1Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
jsucool76
Super Contributor

From what I've read 3k is the initial CL ceiling for "Average" cards, not sure how I got such a high limit (full time college student, no job, was my first credit card), my credit steps will be $500, and then I'll probably get no more love from them ever again, but a $3500 limit is fine for me. 

Cap1 is funky, they're ultra-lenient with giving out cards to anyone who walks in off the streets, but then they're ultra "conservative" about giving CLIs unless you're a holder of one of their prime cards. 

Message 8 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

most certainly will do! as soon as i find out something i will come back an post here. dont close your card yet, she told me she would have some valuable information regarding ALL cap1 card holders that she wouldnt mind sharing with me when she called me back. i will be more than happy to let ya'll know that also. hopefully something will be done!

When you say she will manually review your account, does it mean looking over your CR SP or HP?

Depending on your result I might call them and ask to either PC into Cash Rewards or Playstation card.

Message 9 of 25
gettnthere
Established Contributor

i believe it should be a SP, i should be able to better inform you of what all happens tomorrow (thats when im expecting the call) and after i relay the message to you, maybe you can call and try what i did and already be prepared lol, if youd like of coarse?Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.