Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY GE (JcPenney) RANT!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

MY GE (JcPenney) RANT!

Ge Credit Solutions just told me that GE DOES NOT EVER provide credit scores with denial letters and they will not be issueing me a credit score regarding my denial with JCPenney even though they placed a HP on my TU credit report and if I wanted a credit score I should contact TU.  I read him a letter from 4 days earlier from another GE backed card that was a completely different denial letter with actual full disclosure reasons AND TU Credit Score.

and he still told me they do not issue credit scores and he would not debate it with me or talk about the credit reform act!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MY GE (JcPenney) RANT!

Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

LMAO!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ge Credit Solutions just told me that GE DOES NOT EVER provide credit scores with denial letters and they will not be issueing me a credit score regarding my denial with JCPenney even though they placed a HP on my TU credit report and if I wanted a credit score I should contact TU.  I read him a letter from 4 days earlier from another GE backed card that was a completely different denial letter with actual full disclosure reasons AND TU Credit Score.

and he still told me they do not issue credit scores and he would not debate it with me or talk about the credit reform act!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Is that even legal?Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 14
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

CRICKETS!!! IMHO GE/Synchrony has not lived up to the hype I've read about. Granted, my JCPenney card has grown quite nicely, Walmart on the other hand. . . not at all!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: MY GE (JcPenney) RANT! UPDATE :)

Just received a call from SYNC EO office for my email about my call.  I give it to them it's not even 8:30 AM and they called from my email last night.

She can't do much as far as the app since SYNC runs all apps by computers and my app wasn't held for verification it was simply denied because I have to many recent apps, despite being approved even more recently for other GE accounts, of course like many banks that back many different cards, each retailer has differences in what they accept in credit profiles and apparently JCPenney does not like lots of recent applications.

The reason I did not get a credit score was because I was simply denied for being over the internal max of recent applications for JCPenney underwriting so while they pulled my credit report, it was not based on credit.

I told her I found it odd that I could get $5k at Lowes and not even $150 at JCPenney but since it's simply the internal threshold that JCPenney set forth in underwriting criteria with you all and not my actual credit report or score I'm okay with it and since Sync does not review or 2nd look at applications or anything like that we are good.

She did go on to say they would be reviewing the phone call for to see what was said by reps and to retrain or take any action on incorrect information given or how they spoke with me Smiley Happy

that made me smile... +1 for SYNC today in how the EO office handled this in rocket speed!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

... I was simply denied for being over the internal max of recent applications for JCPenney underwriting...

This is scary! Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

O.M.G.! GE hates us!!! Lmao!!! Why must we have these phone calls with stupid reps and worthless credit solutions? My solution is to SD ALL of them! Ugh! I feel your pain CA!!!
Message 8 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
O.M.G.! GE hates us!!! Lmao!!! Why must we have these phone calls with stupid reps and worthless credit solutions? My solution is to SD ALL of them! Ugh! I feel your pain CA!!!

BUT BUT I was approved for Ebay MasterCard today!

sounds like JCPenney person that set the credit card standard didn't understand what kind of store they were!

Message 9 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I always feel like a stud in my JC Penny jacket

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.