Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY LUCKY DAY 3 MONTH HX WITH JCPENNY CLI TODAY

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

MY LUCKY DAY 3 MONTH HX WITH JCPENNY CLI TODAY

Hi, everyone went on the Jcpenny site today hit the on-line button for cli which stated unable to offer cli at this time will recieve a letter in the mail, I then called cs spoke about reconsideration for cli,  never told her I applied on line and was given $500.00 and it was a soft pull My cl is now at $1,000.00.  So you never know until you try and ask.  Good Luck to anyone eles who may try.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY LUCKY DAY 3 MONTH HX WITH JCPENNY CLI TODAY

Congrats on the cli...
Message 2 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

You gave me the courage to hit the luv button.  THANK YOU!!!  My CL went from $124 to $1500!!!  WOO HOO.  I don't plan on using much of it now but I am closing on a house (hopefully) next week and I am hoping this will help me get a decent CL with a new Lowes or Home Depot card.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Good job! Congrats to you both!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
You gave me the courage to hit the luv button.  THANK YOU!!!  My CL went from $124 to $1500!!!  WOO HOO.  I don't plan on using much of it now but I am closing on a house (hopefully) next week and I am hoping this will help me get a decent CL with a new Lowes or Home Depot card.

JCPENNY actually gave u a $124 limit?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

Medicgrrl -

how long have you had your account?  How often did you use it?  I ask because my son has a $150 CL JCPenney.  However, he hasn't had it very long and I had told him to use it occassionally and ask for CLI in 6 months.

Message 6 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I had a higher CL years ago.  This account was actually opened around 1995.  8 years ago I quit using it because I was having financial problems and didn't need to add to my mess.  I was actually very surprised when I pulled my annual report and saw it listed as opened.  I was rebuilding so I decided to log on to jcp and see if it was still open...sure enough was!  Apparently they just kept CLD over the years til it got to the $124.

I started out buying my son a pair of shorts and paid off all but $10.  Next month I bough my other son some shorts and the PIF.  I tried for a CLI but they said since it had been inactive I had to have my current CL for 4 months before they could offer any CLI.  I continued to charge monthly anywhere between $20 and $120 and would PIF.  I also used it at Rite Aid to buy some small items.  My payment due date was 7/21 so I hit the button yesterday and finally got the approval.  I was shocked at the amount!  I did email customer service asking what I needed to do to obtain an increase ie. use the card, don't use it blah blah.  They stated that if I had a large purchase that I needed to make then I should go to the store and request a CLI there.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love JCP.  I started off last September with a $500 limit.. Went to $1000 a few months later... $1500 a few months after that and it just went up to $1800.   Took advantage of a no interest/no payment sale on furniture until January 2011.    I should be able to pay $1200 off by then... I am sure that will get me another CL increase in a few months also..
Message 8 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love JCP.  I started off last September with a $500 limit.. Went to $1000 a few months later... $1500 a few months after that and it just went up to $1800.   Took advantage of a no interest/no payment sale on furniture until January 2011.    I should be able to pay $1200 off by then... I am sure that will get me another CL increase in a few months also..

I am hoping to do the same thing next week after I close on my house.  Did you just tell the clerk that you wanted the no interest?  Any problems when it came to the billing?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sale flyer said you have to mention the no interest deal to get it.  I just did this a few days ago so I have not seen how it will affect my billing. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.