Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX - Recon?

tag
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Macy's AMEX - Recon?

I have had a Macy's card for probably 15 years.  I called the last week to request an upgrade to the AMEX.  When I called yesterday they said I was declined.  They pulled Experian and said my score was 652.  I pulled my report and it did have one negative that has been removed from other reports.  I disputed it.  The lates are a 30, 60 and 90 from 2007.  The only other negatives are two 30 day, also from 2007.  Anyone have similar experiences?  Should I call for a recon?  Anyone have a good recon number?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX - Recon?

By the way my FICO score is 740.

Message 2 of 5
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Is there anyone that has any experience with the Macy's AMEX?

Message 3 of 5
Juan123
Established Contributor

unfortunately i dont have any experience with it but you can try calling the backdoor number 800-627-2909

Do you shop a lot at macys? i think they take that into consideration as well.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dwhanc00 wrote:

By the way my FICO score is 740.

Didn't I just post an hour ago on another thread asking the same thing?

Where are you getting the 740 Fico from?

In end not going to matter if you have a 740 EQ or TU because Macy's uses EX and the score they sent you is the one you need to worry about when it comes to trying to recon or fixing stuff and applying again later.

I would not be applying for the Amex with a score below the 700ish.

It also seems to be much harder to get them to upgrade to the Amex if it doesn't get approved with initial application, not sure why...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.