Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

If they just gave you a $10k limit on Amex, and you only have $1k on store... You need to start requesting!!! every 3 months with store and 6 for Amex... although lately it's been said a few different things... but store is every 3!

you can do it online chat... they tell you hp but it's not... it's computer and they use the sp already in the computer.

This is not entirely accurate.  It varies.  It would also depend on which SP the last AR was performed to review for CLI and when the acount is elegible.  In some cases it will result in HP.

Message 21 of 45
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I would love to do this upgrade but wish it were an actual upgrade of the existing tradeline and not the opening of a secondary account :/ It would be amazing if they backdated the AmEx to reflect the opening date of the original store account.

Message 22 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

If they just gave you a $10k limit on Amex, and you only have $1k on store... You need to start requesting!!! every 3 months with store and 6 for Amex... although lately it's been said a few different things... but store is every 3!

you can do it online chat... they tell you hp but it's not... it's computer and they use the sp already in the computer.

I'm gonna ride with this 10k for a minute and not ask for a CLI - I have more than enough avail credit on my reports. With this card, I now have 250k in avail credit. On the plus side, no denials on new apps in a while and this makes a person want to app more. Approved for probably 10 new cards since 6/2012.  I am on my way to the garden as we speak...need to stay there at least until January 2014.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 24 of 45
knoregs
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I was just upgraded to the AMEX without a hard pull this week.

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 25 of 45
texasman07
Established Contributor

I just called today for an upgrade.  It was strange as they only asked for my DOB and my mothers maiden name.  The CSR stated, "You will be informed of the decision before your next statement closing date which occurs on the 18th of every month".  Anyone else get this response?

Message 26 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

They told me that I would get decision by mail too. I went on line and saw that the AMEX card was there, and called to find out the limit. I thought it was weird that they couldn't just say if it was approved or not, but for no HP, I'm not arguing.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 27 of 45
texasman07
Established Contributor

Thanks! I found it weird they did not ask for income or housing status.

So it took you 4 days to get a response?

Message 28 of 45
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

After I put in the request, I actually just went to my online account, and you can see that the card is changed to the AMEX. Mine happened a day or two after I requested it. Then I called the automated line, and it said the limit. The card has not arrived yet. See below, where it says "Macy's American Express Account" - prior to the request, it showed a pic of the store card.

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q708/downtownsdguy/7b92d946-930b-48af-9ecb-61c2f9cf8e6e_zps56101abb.jpg

Message 29 of 45
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I just called for an upgrade and the lady informed me it's going to be a manual review and a HP Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.