Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

@empty pockets

I just got an upgrade myself. I called the CSR and it seems that I now have the regualr store card and an AMEX.

BUT, when i log on, I only see the AMEX and not the store card.

The CSR said my store card limit was $11K and my AMEX was $0

Did you experience that?

Have you gotten your AMEX card yet?

Here is what I see:

macys amex.jpg

Established Contributor

My new card showed up today. Had to link it to my online account, which (interestingly enough) now shows 2 pics of the white amex, one listed as a store account and one listed as AMEX. The AMEX shows with 2 lines - apparently purchases in Macy's have a different due date and statement than those made outside of Macy's.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (5), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ My Fico (12/14): 785; TU MyFico (12/14): 793; EX (My Fico): 765; Walmart TU Fico 08 (1/2015): 788

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I sent a secure message and was told to call in and when I did they said it would be a HP. :smileysad:

Valued Contributor

hmm tempting. (for january dont worry garden club)

is the year spend go calender year?  i know last year ive spent over 1k. 

also if you spend 1k the first year can you get the black? and if you dont they send you a white one? 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Frequent Contributor

so I was contemplating closing my Macy's AMEX card just because of all the horror stories I've heard, and the low limits they give

and I now see that they lowered by AMEX credit limit from 5000 to $500

let me just give them the ax and that'll raise my average age of accounts slightly higher

Valued Contributor

creditnocash wrote:

hmm tempting. (for january dont worry garden club)

is the year spend go calender year?  i know last year ive spent over 1k. 

also if you spend 1k the first year can you get the black? and if you dont they send you a white one? 

Minimum (Macy's) spend to qualify for the Preferred (black) level is $1K - less returns and excludes purchases made outside of Macy's if you have the AMEX version.  Thereafter, per calendar year (Jan1-Dec31), minimum annual spend of $1K to maintain the Prefered level.

Valued Contributor

gen-specific wrote:

so I was contemplating closing my Macy's AMEX card just because of all the horror stories I've heard, and the low limits they give

let me just give them the ax and that'll raise my average age of accounts slightly higher

Sorry to hear about the CLD... wonder why they axed the CL on your AMEX.  Do you use it frequently or has anything changed recently on your CR profile?

Senior Contributor

ernieadiaz wrote:

Has anyone else gotten this to work? I sent a secure message and was told to call in and when I did they said it would be a HP. :smileysad:

Yes

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor

gen-specific wrote:

Won't really make a difference, since the TL remains on cbr up to 10 years after closure.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor

I don't use it frequently, and I have a real AMEX card with a 30k limit

so fake Macy's AMEX risk department probably got spooked by how much credit I have, and how little they like to extend for any duration.

Macy's card is not worth the time. And seriously, what is a 20% discount on some clothes at Macy's prices when you have 30k limits. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.