cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thanks, well again congrats, and keep us posted when your card arrives to see which level they provided you with. Enjoy!

 

P.S. your credit is excellent!!


Thanks alot!


CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (4), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 801; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 11 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

Grats! Now I'm tempted to ask for an upgrade too if there's no HP Smiley Happy
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!


enharu wrote:
Grats! Now I'm tempted to ask for an upgrade too if there's no HP Smiley Happy

+1

 

Congrats OP




Message 13 of 45
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!


enharu wrote:
Grats! Now I'm tempted to ask for an upgrade too if there's no HP Smiley Happy

I would say you have a decent chance enharu.  Just remember, Barclays is watching if you add another TL...  LOL!  However, I think you'll be fine - follow the OP's strategy to see if you can upgrade it via SP.

 

Plus, both cards have great benefits IMO if you shop them frequently and have added flexibility using the AMEX anywhere else - I have both the Macy's AMEX Preferred (formerly Visa Preferred) and the Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX (also a former Visa Preferred).

Message 14 of 45
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

I was thinking about it...but I'm in the garden. Like you are enharu! Smiley Mad:
Message 15 of 45
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!


09Lexie wrote:
I was thinking about it...but I'm in the garden. Like you are enharu! Smiley Mad:

Sorry 09Lexie... My bad - I wasn't aware enharu was in the garden.  Didn't mean to encourage such tempting offer :-P

 

 

 

Message 16 of 45
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

Haha! He's tiptoeing around the tulips ...so to speak! Supposedly in the garden until Sept.
Message 17 of 45
Epic Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

If they just gave you a $10k limit on Amex, and you only have $1k on store... You need to start requesting!!! every 3 months with store and 6 for Amex... although lately it's been said a few different things... but store is every 3!

you can do it online chat... they tell you hp but it's not... it's computer and they use the sp already in the computer.

Message 18 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

@lexie, I'm still in the garden! Smiley Tongue
Not that I don't want to apply, but I can't. Reported balances are still too high as it is.
And since I can wait till August, I might as well wait till end of sept or early October. Might just reduce odds of Barclays AA by a little. If I open anymore new accounts before the 6 month mark I'm very sure they are going to close my account :/

Also might try to get pre approved for a mortgage next month, but still uncertain at this point in time, since a lot of the sellers seem to prefer cash offers over mortgage.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!


enharu wrote:
@lexie, I'm still in the garden! Smiley Tongue
Not that I don't want to apply, but I can't. Reported balances are still too high as it is.
And since I can wait till August, I might as well wait till end of sept or early October. Might just reduce odds of Barclays AA by a little. If I open anymore new accounts before the 6 month mark I'm very sure they are going to close my account :/

Also might try to get pre approved for a mortgage next month, but still uncertain at this point in time, since a lot of the sellers seem to prefer cash offers over mortgage.

Just so you know we both are watching Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 45