Established Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Upgrade - No HP!!

BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Thanks, well again congrats, and keep us posted when your card arrives to see which level they provided you with. Enjoy!

P.S. your credit is excellent!!

Thanks alot!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (5), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ My Fico (12/14): 785; TU MyFico (12/14): 793; EX (My Fico): 765; Walmart TU Fico 08 (1/2015): 788
Super Contributor

Grats! Now I'm tempted to ask for an upgrade too if there's no HP :smileyhappy:
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor

enharu wrote:

+1

Congrats OP

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

enharu wrote:

I would say you have a decent chance enharu.  Just remember, Barclays is watching if you add another TL...  LOL!  However, I think you'll be fine - follow the OP's strategy to see if you can upgrade it via SP.

Plus, both cards have great benefits IMO if you shop them frequently and have added flexibility using the AMEX anywhere else - I have both the Macy's AMEX Preferred (formerly Visa Preferred) and the Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX (also a former Visa Preferred).

[ Edited ]
I was thinking about it...but I'm in the garden. Like you are enharu! :smileymad::
Valued Contributor

09Lexie wrote:
I was thinking about it...but I'm in the garden. Like you are enharu! :smileymad::

Sorry 09Lexie... My bad - I wasn't aware enharu was in the garden.  Didn't mean to encourage such tempting offer :-P

Haha! He's tiptoeing around the tulips ...so to speak! Supposedly in the garden until Sept.
Epic Contributor

If they just gave you a $10k limit on Amex, and you only have $1k on store... You need to start requesting!!! every 3 months with store and 6 for Amex... although lately it's been said a few different things... but store is every 3!

you can do it online chat... they tell you hp but it's not... it's computer and they use the sp already in the computer.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor

@lexie, I'm still in the garden! :smileytongue:
Not that I don't want to apply, but I can't. Reported balances are still too high as it is.
And since I can wait till August, I might as well wait till end of sept or early October. Might just reduce odds of Barclays AA by a little. If I open anymore new accounts before the 6 month mark I'm very sure they are going to close my account :/

Also might try to get pre approved for a mortgage next month, but still uncertain at this point in time, since a lot of the sellers seem to prefer cash offers over mortgage.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

enharu wrote:
@lexie, I'm still in the garden! :smileytongue:
Not that I don't want to apply, but I can't. Reported balances are still too high as it is.
And since I can wait till August, I might as well wait till end of sept or early October. Might just reduce odds of Barclays AA by a little. If I open anymore new accounts before the 6 month mark I'm very sure they are going to close my account :/

Also might try to get pre approved for a mortgage next month, but still uncertain at this point in time, since a lot of the sellers seem to prefer cash offers over mortgage.

Just so you know we both are watching Lol

+ Chase Ink =

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.