Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AU/JU account reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's AU/JU account reporting

Can you get Macy's to report an AU account? I just called them and the CSR said that they don't report AU accounts. He said I will have to be a joint user (JU) for that. I asked him if it would involve an inquiry on the JU's report and he said no. I asked him if the JU account would report with the original account opening date and he gave a vague answer that that might not be the case.

How can I get a Macy's AU/JU account added to my CR without a new inquiry and with the original age?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's AU/JU account reporting

I'm pretty sure my join macys reported open date, but I was added within a month so I may just not have noticed... but no inq!

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The Macy's AmEx does report AU's. Don't know about the store-only version.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card I am AU on is an Amex, but the CSR said they don't report AU accounts. Guess I'll just try my luck getting another CSR who thinks otherwise.

Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

The card I am AU on is an Amex, but the CSR said they don't report AU accounts. Guess I'll just try my luck getting another CSR who thinks otherwise.

Hmmm. OK, i wasn't precise --I know that the Macy's Visa reported AU's, but maybe now the AmEx doesn't. Or something.  Smiley Tongue

If that's what has happened, I apologize for misleading anyone!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One CSR I talked to said AU accounts get reported sometimes, but Macy's doesn't do it and that she didn't know of a way I could influence it to happen in my case. She said something like sometimes the CBs dig deep and pull this info and report it. But Macy's only reports JUs and that involves an inquiry to set up.

Wonder how can AU reporting be such a non-deterministic process? Maybe they stopped doing it for the Amexes as you say.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys AU didnt report before, but when I checked my CR my DH Macys is now reporting on my CR.

Message 7 of 8
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I added hubby on my Macy's Store card a few months back as an AU.  The account reports on his reports. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.