Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Yesterday I wanted to see if I could get an increase on the American Express side of the Macy's card I have. I tried through online chat and the woman said her system was producing an error and gave me a number to ring ( 800-627-2909) to get it done. I spoke with a woman and asked for 15,000 from 10,000 and less than one second after she hit submit the system came back with 14,000. She said she could get her supervisor if I really wanted 15, but they would probably want a hard inquiry. I said no since I don't need the increase.

I checked today and no inquiries on all three, so they may have used the report that they pulled on April 26 from Equifax. Just a data point for anyone who may be contemplating doing an increase with Macy's.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

navigatethis12 wrote:

Yesterday I wanted to see if I could get an increase on the American Express side of the Macy's card I have. I tried through online chat and the woman said her system was producing an error and gave me a number to ring ( 800-627-2909) to get it done. I spoke with a woman and asked for 15,000 from 10,000 and less than one second after she hit submit the system came back with 14,000. She said she could get her supervisor if I really wanted 15, but they would probably want a hard inquiry. I said no since I don't need the increase.

I checked today and no inquiries on all three, so they may have used the report that they pulled on April 26 from Equifax. Just a data point for anyone who may be contemplating doing an increase with Macy's.

CONGRATS on your increase!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
09Lexie

Hmmm, interesting they sp'd me two weeks ago.

By the way... Congrats!
CreditHammer

Congrats!!! And a soft pull!! Go you :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Congrats on the CLI

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Thank you, all.

09Lexie wrote:
Hmmm, interesting they sp'd me two weeks ago.

By the way... Congrats!

They seem to soft once every to or three months and it's always Equifax. The softs are done the same time Citi does theirs, so I wonder if their systems are connected.

Established Contributor
colindidit

Still waiting for mine to come... Congrats
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

colindidit wrote:
Still waiting for mine to come... Congrats

Thank you. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Valued Contributor
FinStar

navigatethis12 wrote:

Very nice bump indeed!  Mine have always been auto-CLIs but have noticed they SP before the CLIs eventually take effect.  The same SP timeframe is done for all 4 of my accounts (Macy's Pref AMEX & Store and Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX & Store).  There's no specific pattern that I can discern as to when DSNB does the SPs since I see them every other month or so.  So, it appears if you request a CLI, and have been softed, then you will not incur the HP.

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

FinStar wrote:

Very nice bump indeed!  Mine have always been auto-CLIs but have noticed they SP before the CLIs eventually take effect.  The same SP timeframe is done for all 4 of my accounts (Macy's Pref AMEX & Store and Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX & Store).  There's no specific pattern that I can discern as to when DSNB does the SPs since I see them every other month or so.  So, it appears if you request a CLI, and have been softed, then you will not incur the HP.

That does appear to be the case. Last time I did it through the lnk on the website and got a hard on Experian :smileysad: but it was worth it for a 5000 increase.I only received an automated increase way back when I first got the store card. After a few months of use I was elated to see the limit was increased to 1,000 from 300. Since then I have not gotten any automated increases at all. I really don't want to have more on the store side. I don't want it to take away from what they will grant me on the American Express side.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}