cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Valued Contributor

Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Yesterday I wanted to see if I could get an increase on the American Express side of the Macy's card I have. I tried through online chat and the woman said her system was producing an error and gave me a number to ring ( 800-627-2909) to get it done. I spoke with a woman and asked for 15,000 from 10,000 and less than one second after she hit submit the system came back with 14,000. She said she could get her supervisor if I really wanted 15, but they would probably want a hard inquiry. I said no since I don't need the increase.

 

I checked today and no inquiries on all three, so they may have used the report that they pulled on April 26 from Equifax. Just a data point for anyone who may be contemplating doing an increase with Macy's.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.


navigatethis12 wrote:

Yesterday I wanted to see if I could get an increase on the American Express side of the Macy's card I have. I tried through online chat and the woman said her system was producing an error and gave me a number to ring ( 800-627-2909) to get it done. I spoke with a woman and asked for 15,000 from 10,000 and less than one second after she hit submit the system came back with 14,000. She said she could get her supervisor if I really wanted 15, but they would probably want a hard inquiry. I said no since I don't need the increase.

 

I checked today and no inquiries on all three, so they may have used the report that they pulled on April 26 from Equifax. Just a data point for anyone who may be contemplating doing an increase with Macy's.


CONGRATS on your increase!!!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Hmmm, interesting they sp'd me two weeks ago.

By the way... Congrats!
Message 3 of 14
New Member

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Congrats!!! And a soft pull!! Go you Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Congrats on the CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Thank you, all.

 


09Lexie wrote:
Hmmm, interesting they sp'd me two weeks ago.

By the way... Congrats!

They seem to soft once every to or three months and it's always Equifax. The softs are done the same time Citi does theirs, so I wonder if their systems are connected.

Message 6 of 14
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.

Still waiting for mine to come... Congrats
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 7 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.


colindidit wrote:
Still waiting for mine to come... Congrats

Thank you. Hopefully you get yours soon.

Message 8 of 14
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.


navigatethis12 wrote:

Yesterday I wanted to see if I could get an increase on the American Express side of the Macy's card I have. I tried through online chat and the woman said her system was producing an error and gave me a number to ring ( 800-627-2909) to get it done. I spoke with a woman and asked for 15,000 from 10,000 and less than one second after she hit submit the system came back with 14,000. She said she could get her supervisor if I really wanted 15, but they would probably want a hard inquiry. I said no since I don't need the increase.

 

I checked today and no inquiries on all three, so they may have used the report that they pulled on April 26 from Equifax. Just a data point for anyone who may be contemplating doing an increase with Macy's.


Very nice bump indeed!  Mine have always been auto-CLIs but have noticed they SP before the CLIs eventually take effect.  The same SP timeframe is done for all 4 of my accounts (Macy's Pref AMEX & Store and Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX & Store).  There's no specific pattern that I can discern as to when DSNB does the SPs since I see them every other month or so.  So, it appears if you request a CLI, and have been softed, then you will not incur the HP.

Message 9 of 14
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express limit increase not a hard inquiry.


FinStar wrote:


Very nice bump indeed!  Mine have always been auto-CLIs but have noticed they SP before the CLIs eventually take effect.  The same SP timeframe is done for all 4 of my accounts (Macy's Pref AMEX & Store and Bloomingdale's Reserve AMEX & Store).  There's no specific pattern that I can discern as to when DSNB does the SPs since I see them every other month or so.  So, it appears if you request a CLI, and have been softed, then you will not incur the HP.


That does appear to be the case. Last time I did it through the lnk on the website and got a hard on Experian Smiley Sad but it was worth it for a 5000 increase.I only received an automated increase way back when I first got the store card. After a few months of use I was elated to see the limit was increased to 1,000 from 300. Since then I have not gotten any automated increases at all. I really don't want to have more on the store side. I don't want it to take away from what they will grant me on the American Express side.

Message 10 of 14