Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex has Arrived!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's Amex has Arrived!!!

@GIXXER wrote:

I have the macy store card never applied for the visa or now the amex card..

my experience with asking for upgrade, the card either shows up in like a week or you never hear from them in over a month. 

Message 11 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I saw a Macy's AmEx yesterday, and it was white, with a little bit of blue, plus the red Macy's logo.

Don't tell me that they have different cards floating around...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

maybe they changed up the colors of the 4 tiers

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So word is that the Macy's store card still comes in four tiers (red, gold, platinum, black)

And the Macy's Amex (not that I have one) comes in two (white & black).  White if you spend less than $1,000 on your Macy's store card (not Visa) and Black if you spend more than $1,000. ??  Maybe someone can confirm this.

I see that I'm starting to talk to myself again.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  Yeah.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  But still.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  Okay - it IS a mute point since they haven't offered me the upgrade.   Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I will get to the bottom of this tomorrow about tiers for amex... they better not have made it that easy... 1k.. give me a break

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So word is that the Macy's store card still comes in four tiers (red, gold, platinum, black)

And the Macy's Amex (not that I have one) comes in two (white & black).  White if you spend less than $1,000 on your Macy's store card (not Visa) and Black if you spend more than $1,000. ??  Maybe someone can confirm this.

I see that I'm starting to talk to myself again.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  Yeah.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  But still.

*I don't really want a Macy's Amex because I don't like the Macy's double reporting.*  Okay - it IS a mute point since they haven't offered me the upgrade.   Smiley Mad

My understanding is that there are now just two tiers as far as card color goes for the Macy's AmEx: White & Black. 

Not sure what the $ amounts are to reach the "black" tier.

Message 16 of 25
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

"Looks the exact same as my Visa (Black card) Amex logo" Your not talking about the Barclays card right? Btw the Macys card looks nice IMO. I would want one but I will layoff the trigger for a few months so I can get my BLUE Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 17 of 25
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Mine is white.  My CL is 5K but I spend very little at Macys.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 25
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

From what I gather from this discussion, people seem to be antsy that they have a card that is low-level (easier to get) yet exudes "power." Honestly, I think this is not important to me. There are so many, many cards floating around these days that no one can know by their looks as to what they really offer. Why not just get a card that works well for one's daily expenses and pay it off? That might also bee the best thing for one's credit score. I am getting suspicious when the appearance of the card is the cynosure of everyone's attention.

Message 19 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@wollepopolle wrote:

From what I gather from this discussion, people seem to be antsy that they have a card that is low-level (easier to get) yet exudes "power." Honestly, I think this is not important to me. There are so many, many cards floating around these days that no one can know by their looks as to what they really offer. Why not just get a card that works well for one's daily expenses and pay it off? That might also bee the best thing for one's credit score. I am getting suspicious when the appearance of the card is the cynosure of everyone's attention.

Well, in my case, I was just curious, lol. It looked odd to see all that white on there.

I still don't have a Macy's card, and I'm not in any hurry to get one, due to its strange reporting practices. Well no, actually, due to being highly allergic to re-aging my credit yet again. No apps until a new account won't drop my AAoA back under five years!

Chase Freedom is doing 5% on department stores for this quarter, so I'll keep it busy for Christmas shopping. (Which I usually start around December 21.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.