Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex in the mail!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Amex in the mail!

Just got e-mail via my Blackberry saying my new Macy's American Express is on it's way!!! YIPPEE

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Amex in the mail!

Congrats!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

I am a little frustrated with Macy's at the moment...for some reason I never receive their correspondences via email only snail mail and I have my profile set to recieve emails but the the only emails I get are about 1 Day Sale this and Free Shipping that.  I called them about two weeks ago to see if my account was going to be converted and they said that I should be receiveing a letter in the mail.  Fast forward to today and I still did not receive the letter.  I called their customer service department to see if they could send me the letter via email and after some back and forth they finally sent it to me...

You will soon be recieving your brand new Macy's American Express Card. 

Great News:  Your getting a wholel new a card  blah, blah, blah.

I want to see the letter that explains the new benefits of having the Macy's Amex card vs the Visa.

Somewhere along the way I fell like I missed the first letter that was sent out about the conversion...not sure how they can send me a letter stating that I am getting a new card without first explaining why???  They have me so confusded right now.

Message 3 of 13
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I never received the letter either. They said that I should have received it... but they did tell me that I am getting the Amex conversion.

I'm just wondering if it's going to make it to me before the Visa expires in 28 days.

Message 4 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

CreditAddict, did you had Macys' Visa before and they converted to Amex or is it a new application you applied for?

Message 5 of 13
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Mine arrived in the mail today.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stan_the_man,

Have you checked your account on-line?  Macy's appears to have updated most of the on-line profiles for cards that are going to be converted.  For example, when I log into my Macy's account and select my visa account to view the below banner  comes up so based on that and the email they sent me yesterday, I think I am getting the card.

Star Rewards

Please activate and add your American Express account to your profile to see updated account information.
When I spoke with the CSR yesterday she did tell me that they have cards that are expiring at th end of this month and those cusotmers still do not have their cards.  They are trying thier best to get those cards out, but they are doing them in waves.  She also said that all cards should be recieved no later than Feb 2011.  They must have pushed that date further out because I spoke with a CSR about a month ago and she told me the conversion had to be done by Jan 2011. 
Since they no longer offer free gift wrapping and alterations I wonder what they are going to replace these "perks" with if any. Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 13
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I saw the Amex activation banner earlier this week. I just don't have confidence that they are going to get the card to me before my Visa expires (9/2010).

Message 8 of 13
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

I saw the Amex activation banner earlier this week. I just don't have confidence that they are going to get the card to me before my Visa expires (9/2010).

I would still think you would be able to use your Macy's store account in the meantime as it has a seperate internal account number.  Using it outside of Macy's will be a problem.  In that case... use another card

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 9 of 13
techman2008
New Contributor

Received my Amex Macy's Card in the mail yesterday.   Boy they really make it obvious in the macy's envelope lol.  Usually when getting a credit card it would be in a plain white envelope.   The activation online is easier.     Didn't want to call on the phone and be bugged for credit monitor and such.   Everything was the same with the credit limit as the Visa.   It looks way better than the Visa.    The visa looks more like a store card as this looks more like a credit card. 

Starting Score: TU 797 EQ 798 EX 774 10/26/2008
Current Score: TU 787 EQ 784 EX ??? 09/19/2010
Goal Score: 790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.