Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex or Macy's Store Card?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's Amex or Macy's Store Card?

all posts I have read in the last couple months have stated that the upgrade to amex was done with sp... I know that seems to be a different policy then back a couple years because it cost me hp to request upgrade.

Message 11 of 17
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

I told Macy's not to allow the Macy's Amex app/sitch to process, Their Clarification was: they said it was sent to their underwriters and that they were working on it, and that it was going to be decided by my next billing cycle/ a week before Christmas, and that no HP was done. I told them to cancel the request and that I was fine with this limit for the holidays but thanked them for the opportunity. In response to what you said @Creditaddict I feel it would of been a soft, but my AAOA is not in the mood to be affected hahaha so I have decided to not even go through with it to see the results :X Maybe in two years @Finstar & @Creditaddict! lol Thanks for the feedback though it is and was definitely appreciated Cat Very Happy

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 12 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well, hopefully they were able to cancel the request before it processed by UW.  With the Macy's credit elves being so busy now it's hard to say!  Maybe a Macy's AMEX will be under the tree before you know it!  LOL.

Message 13 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Well, hopefully they were able to cancel the request before it processed by UW.  With the Macy's credit elves being so busy now it's hard to say!  Maybe a Macy's AMEX will be under the tree before you know it!  LOL.

Really! I have NO FAITH in Macy's Credit being able to do anything in what seems logical most of the time.

Message 14 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Really! I have NO FAITH in Macy's Credit being able to do anything in what seems logical most of the time.

See... I agree with Creditaddict.  So, expect a Macy's AMEX for the holidays...jingle jingle.

Message 15 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

See... I agree with Creditaddict.  So, expect a Macy's AMEX for the holidays...jingle jingle.

Besides AAoA is even more overrated then INQ's!! (unless it's like under 1 year but If i remember by your signature I wouldn't fret!)

Message 16 of 17
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Yes hopefully; I got a call from their Customer Service center and when I called back it was their Job line, I asked if I could be offered a job instead of the card she said well sure if you want to fly to Florida and the convo went south from there. xD But if it is under my tree, I will definitely not act like I'm not excited! I would definitely pull my report and see what it did, but after I'm done panicing I would definitely forget all about what it did to my AAOA, once its activated Smiley Very Happy Unless they gave me like a $500 limit, thats when I would trip out about the AAOA hit! hahaha But in all honestly I hope they relayed the message lol it was hard getting to that year with all my temptation I had built up from bouncing back from that Car Loan Smiley Wink

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.