Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Backdate??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Backdate??

I found out that I was approved this morning for a Macy's card.  When I called into the automated line it made reference to a date in 1989.  My dh had a Macy's in the 80's and I assumed I was only an AU at that time.  Does this mean they found me in their system from that far back and it will backdate to 1987?  I actually hope so, for AAoA sake!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's Backdate??

I have never heard of Macys backdating.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If thats true, that is awesome!! 

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

I have never heard of Macys backdating.

Same here.  However, if any future CRA reports confirm or correlate to the earlier time period, then there's your answer!

Message 4 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I found out that I was approved this morning for a Macy's card.  When I called into the automated line it made reference to a date in 1989.  My dh had a Macy's in the 80's and I assumed I was only an AU at that time.  Does this mean they found me in their system from that far back and it will backdate to 1987?  I actually hope so, for AAoA sake!

You never know. That would be pretty exciting if they actually did that. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 12
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Good luck with the backdate, but I have NEVER heard anyone ever say they had success with that happinging.  Always a first! Smiley LOL

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

Good luck with the backdate, but I have NEVER heard anyone ever say they had success with that happinging.  Always a first! Smiley LOL

Just wondering is all.  Seemed kind of strange when I received that from the automated call.  It would be nice though!

Message 7 of 12
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I called into the automated line It said my last date was Dec 1989. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? 

I had a Macy's account that was opened in 2002. I think it was probably closed around 2007 or 8. I called today to ask about re-opening. I was orignally told no, just reapply. I said if that was the case, I'd just keep using my own Visa/MC/AmEx there because I'm not interested in having a new account on my credit report. I asked if I needed to reapply just to get new info from me and pull my credit, or if it would be a brand new account. I was told the later. Then I was told I'd be transferred to someone in "Authorizations". Then the orginal person came back on and said she could transfer me, but she talked to them and confirmed that I had to reapply. 

I once again said that I may choose to get my credit pulled if it meant I got to re-open my old account, but I wasn't interested in a new account. Thanks, have a good day. 

I figured I'd checkout back door numbers. Then I found this. 

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question. Maybe I don't care if they OPEN my old account, maybe I just want the start date to be my old account. (Thought it'd be good for my AAoA. Heck, if they opened a new account and backdated it, that'd be even better, I'd think. 

Anyhoo, how did this turn out Saleen? 

Message 9 of 12
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Woww BD to 1987,, I wasnt even born then.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.