Valued Member
raisemyscore

Macy's Blacklist

Hi all - do you think Macy's blacklists for card from stores they bought?  For example I bk on a Federated Stores card (Filenes) which Macy's bought. My CR shows Macy's DSNB but I never had a Macy's card.

Opinions?
Valued Member
MisterTor

Re: Macy's Blacklist

I'd think they would blacklist.  If you were talking about a store they just bought a few months ago, and their databases hadn't had time to coalesce, maybe you'd get by.  But Federated bought Macys quite a while ago, and actually before that, Macys had contracted out its data services to Federated.

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Yep- My MIL got denied for Macy's for what I call a blacklist. Not sure what the previous creditor was.
Valued Member
MommyofanAngel

How long ago was the BK? I had a previous 1 from 1996 and Macy's/Rich's were included. I recently app'd for Macy's. Called to check status of app and CSR told me to call BK dept. I waited, then recvd a letter stating my app was denied due to previous delinquency. I called the BK # the rep gv, the rep in that dept purged my old records, transferred me back to new accounts......APPROVED with CL of $800!!
Valued Contributor
netpanther

Yeah!! go, go go!!!
Valued Member
raisemyscore

I guess I better wait, the bk was 10/06. Still have a while to go before they forget about me.   :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
pazuzu

Recently, some applicants have been told that Macy's credit has a new system, and they will blacklisted for life. This was around the time that they became DSNB.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}