Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Blacklist

Hi all - do you think Macy's blacklists for card from stores they bought?  For example I bk on a Federated Stores card (Filenes) which Macy's bought. My CR shows Macy's DSNB but I never had a Macy's card.

Opinions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Blacklist

I'd think they would blacklist.  If you were talking about a store they just bought a few months ago, and their databases hadn't had time to coalesce, maybe you'd get by.  But Federated bought Macys quite a while ago, and actually before that, Macys had contracted out its data services to Federated.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep- My MIL got denied for Macy's for what I call a blacklist. Not sure what the previous creditor was.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago was the BK? I had a previous 1 from 1996 and Macy's/Rich's were included. I recently app'd for Macy's. Called to check status of app and CSR told me to call BK dept. I waited, then recvd a letter stating my app was denied due to previous delinquency. I called the BK # the rep gv, the rep in that dept purged my old records, transferred me back to new accounts......APPROVED with CL of $800!!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah!! go, go go!!!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I better wait, the bk was 10/06. Still have a while to go before they forget about me.   Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Recently, some applicants have been told that Macy's credit has a new system, and they will blacklisted for life. This was around the time that they became DSNB.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.