Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CC Reinstatement Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's CC Reinstatement Program

I would imagine ( I have no experience with it myself) that it is the Macys store card that has the reinstatement program,not the Macys Visa. She has no CO on that card so nothing to pay off and no need for reinstatement. If you read the other posts, there is still a need to reapply for credit even after the payoff and a new account is opened with a new opening date. Your daughter can do this anyway, since she owes them nothing....  although I still say she should never have lost the original account.

As for the Macys Visa on which she owed a balance...it isn't showing on her credit reports and no one wants to take your money? If this is so, I'm not sure you can or would want to do anything.

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the idea was to make sure it is in good standing, I get the point on the store part of the card and will take that suggestion. I am going to try again this week to find out about the visa part of the card and get it paid off. I never knew it was possible to have one card and two accounts on it! That would be great if the store card upon applying for and being granted a new card will show the original date of like 6 years ago.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well the idea was to make sure it is in good standing, I get the point on the store part of the card and will take that suggestion. I am going to try again this week to find out about the visa part of the card and get it paid off. I never knew it was possible to have one card and two accounts on it! That would be great if the store card upon applying for and being granted a new card will show the original date of like 6 years ago.

I don't believe it will...I think the other posters have said it shows as a new account.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, you will not get the old date, you will get a new account with new date and you will get a new inquiry.  There is no way to get the original account and date.  Once it is closed or charged off, that account and it's open date are gone like the dinosaurs.

Message 14 of 21
Danique
Regular Contributor

How does one get started?
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 15 of 21
slarano
Frequent Contributor

I absolutely *heart* Macys. I just called in this morning to check my purchase totals for the past year, and aside from being upgraded to Platinum status (I was really shooting for Elite, but that is now my goal for next year Smiley Happy ) and being told they would look into considering me for the Visa, I received another graduated level increase, bumping me from $3,200 (GLI back in Feb 09) to $3,800 as of today. I am carrying a revolving balance of around $700, and will pay it down to about $350 to keep it at under 10% utilization, until I call back in again in 4-6 months for another GLI.
ImageImageImage

Message 16 of 21

I just called Macy's Recovery Dept to inquire about my charged off acct ($113) and was informed of their in house and out house departments (CITI). The CSR requested my acct # and informed me that I belonged to Citi and transferred me.  I spoke with Citi that advised that they could not accept any payments (pay by phne, web, or store) because of the charged off status and transferred me to the collection agency, (NCO 1-888-899-3528), that was handling the acct.  At this point, NCO's CSR offered pay by phone or direct mail pymt.  I accepted the pay by phone via CC, as he explained this would be the quicker/ simpler option to have account reinstated.  He processed my payment information, completed my reinstatement request (verifying my income/ employer), and informed me that the information is transmitted back to Citi and I would receive my new card in the mail within 10- 14 days.  Not as complicated as I thought, will update later with card status.  
Message 17 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@startingover2008 wrote:
I just called Macy's Recovery Dept to inquire about my charged off acct ($113) and was informed of their in house and out house departments (CITI). The CSR requested my acct # and informed me that I belonged to Citi and transferred me.  I spoke with Citi that advised that they could not accept any payments (pay by phne, web, or store) because of the charged off status and transferred me to the collection agency, (NCO 1-888-899-3528), that was handling the acct.  At this point, NCO's CSR offered pay by phone or direct mail pymt.  I accepted the pay by phone via CC, as he explained this would be the quicker/ simpler option to have account reinstated.  He processed my payment information, completed my reinstatement request (verifying my income/ employer), and informed me that the information is transmitted back to Citi and I would receive my new card in the mail within 10- 14 days.  Not as complicated as I thought, will update later with card status.  

Please be sure to do this. (Within this thread please so I will be notified). This is a very interesting situation.

Message 18 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

In the overwhelming majority of cases once your account is charged off and sent to an outside CA or sold to a JDB your relationship with the OC is over.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@startingover2008 wrote:

Please be sure to do this. (Within this thread please so I will be notified). This is a very interesting situation.

FYI:  It isn't a reinstatement of account.  It is settlement on old, issue of new.  Your old TL will not be re-opened.  You will show a new TL and new open date.

Your reinstatement is for credit worthiness, not of account.  If you don't pay, they won't issue a new account (rarely a case surfaces where somebody got a new account without paying old).

And if you do somehow end up showing your old TL and account truly reinstated with original date.....DO TELL HERE PLEASE  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-28-2009 11:52 AM
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.