Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CC question

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Macy's CC question

"Back in the good ol' days" when Macy's was still Bon Marche I remember that being the credit card everyone went to get when they turned 18 because it was pretty much a sure thing.  I had one probably 15 years ago but closed it and paid the balance...so if there is some sort of blacklist I shouldn't be on it.

How is Macy's now on apps?    I've heard they mainly pull EX, but since we can't get our actual FICOs for it I'm hesitant to app. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's CC question

I got approved with no history two years ago so since you have some you should be fine. If those are truly your scores you will not get the American Express version, if that is what you are hoping. According to Macy's, you must have a 720 FICO score on Experian to be approved for it.

They looked at Equifax for me when I applied and still soft it on a regular basis. They did look at Experian for  the American Express version which is odd to me.

Message 2 of 3
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's CC question

No, the store card is fine.  I currently have no CCs so I need to add a few for the mix.  Thank you for the info :-)

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.