Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CC

tag
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Macy's CC

I have a Macy's CC and they do not report my CL.  How does FICO look at that when I have a balance show up?  My CL is $2,000 and I recently made a purchase for $200, will that go against my other limits as usage?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's CC

That 200 will go against the reported CLs on all your other cards, IIRC.  IDK if some scores ignore it like they do with Amex charge cards.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@dwhanc00 wrote:

I have a Macy's CC and they do not report my CL.  How does FICO look at that when I have a balance show up?  My CL is $2,000 and I recently made a purchase for $200, will that go against my other limits as usage?

Does your Macy's card report a "highest balance"?

Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to fused, but if your Macys is like mine, neither the balance nor the CL will ever be factored into utilization (because no CL or high balance is reporting).

Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Now, why didn't I just say the same thing? *face palm*

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Ditto to fused, but if your Macys is like mine, neither the balance nor the CL will ever be factored into utilization (because no CL or high balance is reporting).

+1 It looks just like the Amex Charge Card on credit report and doesn't factor

Message 6 of 9
dwhanc00
New Contributor

Go figure...  Highest CL and it is not reported...  Thanks for the input.  I will utilize the "free" money for the 30 day period then.  I am about to buy a car sometime this month, so I am watching my credit closely!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

But having a balance on Macys still matters in that it is an account with a balance, right?

So, if I'm trying to keep my number of accounts reporting a balance down to, say, two; then I need to count the Macy's balance when I have one?

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

But having a balance on Macys still matters in that it is an account with a balance, right?

So, if I'm trying to keep my number of accounts reporting a balance down to, say, two; then I need to count the Macy's balance when I have one?

Even if there is a balance, it should still be excluded because there is no CL listed or "high balance" listed. On the week that DSNB updated, I had low balances on my 2 Macys and my Bloomies. The scores took a beating after losing about $7000 in available credit.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.