Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI Question...

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Macy's CLI Question...

I recieved a CLI on my Macy's card from $300 to $2000. Do I need to make a purchase for the CLI to be reported? I know with some store cards you have to, but not sure with Macy's.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI Question...

Great question! (And same exact increase!) This is one card that hasn't reported my CLI... If that's the case, I guess I'll have to go shopping!

Message 2 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I recieved a CLI on my Macy's card from $300 to $2000. Do I need to make a purchase for the CLI to be reported? I know with some store cards you have to, but not sure with Macy's.

If you do not have a balance currently in this statement period taht you got the CLI on than I would recommend a purchase.  I'm not sure Macy's is as for sure as Comenity that they don't send the new CL update without a statement generating but why wait and risk it not updating.... buy a Godiva bar at the register and wait for your bill to cut.

Lets see what I have bought lately to get CLI to report:

I bought 2 candles last week for $1.50/each at Pier 1

A skillet on clearance at HSN

2 jars of Sweet Pickles at West Elm yesterday (yes I know that sounds odd... some gourmet pickles and clearly everyone else thinks its odd buying food at a furniture store because they were on clearance for $1.94!

I got a great pair of paints and some shoes on clearance at Express for my partner

1 pair of clearance shorts that for some reason also gave with free shipping from Jcrew

I went to Costco to make use of the Macy's Amex since the CLI from $4k to $9k and bought a pair of underwear on clearance in store to get that update from $3k to $4500!

Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 26
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Wow! haha thanks for the info.

Unforuntately the thought of going to Macy's almost makes it not worth it. I'm in NYC....Macy's is a nightmare here.

I'll wait until I have to buy something or maybe if I take a trip to a mall outside of the city. Perhaps even buy something online when I need it.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Unforuntately the thought of going to Macy's almost makes it not worth it. I'm in NYC....Macy's is a nightmare here.

I'll wait until I have to buy something or maybe if I take a trip to a mall outside of the city. Perhaps even buy something online when I need it.

I don't think there is a need to.

I dont have a balance and haven't had one for months but my CLI reported. It took almost a month but it's reporting. At least to TU

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Come to roosevelt or walt whitman beautiful stores, the roosevelt has a sunglass hut and louis vuitton

Message 6 of 26
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I live here as well and am at Herald Square once a week, or every other.  What's so nightmarish about it?  Black Friday and during Christmas maybe, but any other time I don't see what's so bad about it.  But if you really demand a peaceful shopping environment, Lord and Taylor is at 424 5th Ave.  There's seldom more than a dozen, or maybe two dozen people there anytime I have ever been there.  At least on the men's wear floors.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 7 of 26
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I live here as well and am at Herald Square once a week, or every other.  What's so nightmarish about it?  Black Friday and during Christmas maybe, but any other time I don't see what's so bad about it.  But if you really demand a peaceful shopping environment, Lord and Taylor is at 424 5th Ave.  There's seldom more than a dozen, or maybe two, anytime I have ever been there.  At least on the men's wear floors.

Wait a minute...you can use a Macy's card are Lord and Taylor??

Oh and Times Square, Herald Square....sometimes even Union Square if I didn't have to deal with it going to NYU I try to avoid....too many people and tourists...bless their hearts but I don't have the patience Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 26
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I second that too! What's the nightmare about shopping at Macys Herald Square?! Our office is right on the same block with Macys and almost always when I get off work, I just breeze in there. It's really not bad except during the holiday season and Black Friday... What only pisses me off is the multitude of tourists that flock there and how slow they walk that it gets packed so easily. But then again, it's 34th Street so u can always expect that. Now I wish they will gimme a CLI lol, I envy you Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@pip3man wrote:

I second that too! What's the nightmare about shopping at Macys Herald Square?! Our office is right on the same block with Macys and almost always when I get off work, I just breeze in there. It's really not bad except during the holiday season and Black Friday... What only pisses me off is the multitude of tourists that flock there and how slow they walk that it gets packed so easily. But then again, it's 34th Street so u can always expect that. Now I wish they will gimme a CLI lol, I envy you Smiley Happy

How did you get the furniture and jewelry lines?  Did you have to purchase something or did you call and ask for them?  I remember you posting something a few months back but couldn't find the actual thread.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.