Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI request uses enhanced score?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Macy's CLI request uses enhanced score?

So since I'm in garden mode SP is the king right?  Called Macy's backdoor for a CLI and was told that they would have to do a HP.  I said well see what you can do without an HP.  If you have to do an HP then abort.  The u/w agreed and she said the system indeed wanted an HP so she stopped.  She checked to see if there was anyway to increase without the HP and she said she couldn't because my scores had taken a dip recently.  

I was like what?  She said in January my EQ score was 635 and March it was 670.  Well scorewatch shows me that in January the lowest score I had was 714 and in March the lowest score I had was 692, and today my score is at 705.

So it looks like they are using an enhanced fico scoring model that shows a HUGE difference.  I know that Discover uses the enhanced version as well.  

Anyway just FYI to those who may be looking at Macy's for an increase.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's CLI request uses enhanced score?

Interesting. I noticed they SPd me last month - the month all hell broke loose- guess I won't be seeing an auto CLI.

Then again, I have used the cc once for $11. 😒
Message 2 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Interesting. I noticed they SPd me last month - the month all hell broke loose- guess I won't be seeing an auto CLI.

Something additional she said is that they sp every 3 months so check back at the end of June for an increase.  Hopefully both of our scores will have recovered significantly by then...or even maybe they will give us an auto CLI Smiley LOL.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 20
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Wait, how do you see this?  I thought you cant see SP's, because they dont show as inquiries?  Where do you see SP's at?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's at the bottom of your CR's under 'INQUIRIES VIEWED ONLY BY YOU'
Message 5 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Rhaeny

I'll look out for it...jeez that means I have to buy something else from there now. 😉
Message 6 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Lexie, I have been PIF with them since I got them.  I said I'm gonna try something different this time and let a balance roll for a couple of months.  I got about $200 bucks on there that I will pay off over the next 3 months.  I forgot one other thing she said to me.  She said that another reason that they had to do an HP is because I don't have enough payment history with them.

WHAT?????

Okay so I've but about $2500 through this card since Oct and I'm wondering does their stupid system not recognize PIF before statement as eloquently as pay over time.  So I'm just gonna ride this one out to see what happens.  It's not a huge amount of money to test this theory so we'll see how it goes.

Message 7 of 20
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

My reports thru USAA dont include that section.  Where do you monitor yours through to see this section? 

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 8 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

My reports thru USAA dont include that section.  Where do you monitor yours through to see this section? 

Equifax monitoring shows your soft pulls.  TU and EX you can see only on your hard copies.  However, for EX if you have a report number you can go to their website and look for the option to "view your report again" or some terminology like that and you can see it.  TU is the most difficult so other than doing online disputes, you will have to get hard copies.

Message 9 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.