Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI...well, somewhat

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Macy's CLI...well, somewhat

Hey all....funny story.... I called into Macy's to see if I could get a CLI since currently I only have $100 credit limit which is next to nothing.  I was shut down twice before withouit even getting transferred to their Credit Department and told I had to wait etc..  Well this time to my surprise and great joy I was transferred to the Credit Department and asked how much of a credit limit I wanted.  With the "Jeopardy" music playing in my mind I said $1,000 to match one of my higer credit cards (I have higher but tried not be greedy).  She asked permission to do what she claimed would be soft pull (will find out tomorrow if that's true when I check my Credit Report), and she came back and said "They didn't approve the $1,000 however they came back with a counter offer"...I said WOW, Okay, no problem...expecting atleast $500 or so....to my great shock it was............$200!!!!!!!  Womp Womp Woooomp! LOL!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Tongue Macy's is a whole entire trip!!!!  So basically they gave me a CLI of $100!! LMBO!!!!!!  So my Macy's credit limit is now a whooping $200!!!   LOL!!! Oh well, I'll ride this one out for another six months and see what happens.....It's a shame because I LOVE Macy's and this card would get a whole lot of use if the credit limit was higher.

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI...well, somewhat

why do I have a feeling that if I call Macy*s this week I'll more likely to get this same deal! Smiley Surprised let us know if it was a SP cause I'd be really upset if it is a HP and only $100CL increase. I'm also stuck at $100 and have had this card for 5 years now! where's the luv at? Smiley Mad my scores are not way close to yours either so I might just get denied! Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 21
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

why do I have a feeling that if I call Macy*s this week I'll more likely to get this same deal! Smiley Surprised let us know if it was a SP cause I'd be really upset if it is a HP and only $100CL increase. I'm also stuck at $100 and have had this card for 5 years now! where's the luv at? Smiley Mad my scores are not way close to yours either so I might just get denied! Smiley LOL

Hey 2NE1....I don't know where Macy's love is but I hope they find some soon! Geeeezzzz!!! LOL! Smiley Tongue  And I will definately report back to let you know if it was truly a soft pull as she claimed.  I went back and forth with it too, I was like $100??! Oh well, I better take it just in case it turns out to be a hard pull and I walk away with NOTHING AND a new inquiry that I really do not need....ugh! Hoping for the best!

Slowly building....
Message 3 of 21
ssp
Valued Member

wow I think if I applied and was given a $100.00 cl I would tell them to either give me something I can use or close it. I would rather rebuild with a secured card.

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 4 of 21
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@ssp wrote:

wow I think if I applied and was given a $100.00 cl I would tell them to either give me something I can use or close it. I would rather rebuild with a secured card.

Actually, I had Captial One's secured card a year before I was approved for Macy's.  Macy's was my 1st unsecured credit card. It's not used anymore since I've made much progress in my credit journey since getting that one.  I would definately use it more if the limit was higher.

Slowly building....
Message 5 of 21
ssp
Valued Member

Wonderful Smiley Happythat store is a bit pricey so it's hard to imagine them bothering with a 100 cl . My first card used to re-establish was a secured open sky visa and a citibank secured mc. I had them both for a few months and my first offer was for a Discover More for 1k.

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 6 of 21
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Hey, that's a 100% CLI. Can't beat that! Haha.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 7 of 21
ssp
Valued Member

lol so it is..lol try not to max it Smiley Tongue

TU 792 EQ 782
*In The Garden*

Message 8 of 21
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@ssp wrote:

Wonderful Smiley Happythat store is a bit pricey so it's hard to imagine them bothering with a 100 cl . My first card used to re-establish was a secured open sky visa and a citibank secured mc. I had them both for a few months and my first offer was for a Discover More for 1k.

That's awesome ssp!  I got the Discover More and Chase Freedom a month after getting the Macy's cc, so I've done pretty good in my journey of reestablishing my credit.  It's been two years of hard work and I'm very proud of myself!  Oh and I don't find Macy's too pricey.  It's pretty affordable to me, but we do have one in our downtown area that is the is considered the  "High End" Macy's that carries more of the "top" designers. I rarely go into that one! LOL!!! Anyway, continued success and well wishes to you on your credit journey as well!Smiley Happy

Slowly building....
Message 9 of 21
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Hey, that's a 100% CLI. Can't beat that! Haha.

LOL!  Yeah, but I'll still probably only use it for a lipgloss or two from time to time, but the main place it will be is in my sock drawer.  Still gonna keep working on CLI with it though, but in another 4 or six months. Unless they surprise me with an auto increase! Hey..you never know! LOL!

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.