Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Macy's CLI

I applied online for a macy's card, was approved with a $100 CL...how often does macy's give CLI or is there a way I can request an increase??

09/28/09 - EQ:627 TU:660 EX:??

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SYale2010
Valued Member

Re: Macy's CLI

I started with a $100 CL and now it's $1500 at 1 year. It's not THAT big, but it does grow. I think you have to wait 3 or 6 months after opening the card to be eligible for a Guide Line Increase (that's what they call it), and after that initial increase, my card at least is eligible after every 3 months. You can always call the number on the back of the card, speak to an agent, and ask them when you are due for a GLI. They'll happily tell you. Best of luck!
Message 2 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Wait until the account is three months old (third statement dropped). Call and as a CSR, "What guideline increase is available for my account without a hard inquiry?" They will either give you something or tell you to wait until six months. If they tell you to wait that would be until six months from opening and not six more months!

BTW - Accept what they offer you and repeat the same process three months later. Protesting that the amount offered is too small is one of the ways that people end up with hard INQ's for their GLI's.

Message 3 of 4
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the insight, I'll follow those steps...

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.