Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Macy's CLI

Applied and was approved online for a macy's card with a cl or $100, which from what I've been seems to be the norm..Can someone tell me the chances of getting a CLI if I went into the store and spoke with someone, or am I just going to have to wait some months before seeing a cli??

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's CLI

Once you use it in the store they will ask for ID for security reasons. Then they will give you an automatic increase on the spot.
Message 2 of 25
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Oh ok cool...As soon my card gets here I'll pay a visit to the store

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 3 of 25
BruceBanner

i have a macys card, when i got it my limit was 100, but i havent used it since last xmas and just recently checked and now my limit is 1500...so really cant tell you how long as i dont know when my limit was increased.
Message 4 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When I first got my Macys I tried to get a CLI at the counter. I used the excuse that Christmas is coming up and would like to have more purchasing power. I was denied twice. I was later told that they like to see 3 on-time payments before an increase. I started with $300 in 9/2007 and now am at $2500 after 4-5 CLI requests over the past couple of yrs.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my Macy's account in March of '09. They only issued me a $100.00 credit line.  After my first statement, they increased my credit line to $300.00.  In July they gave me a $300.00 increase and just this week, they increased my total credit limit to $1200.00.  Also, they upgraded my card to the Platimum level!

Gotta love Macy's!

Message 6 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I opened my Macy's account in March of '09. They only issued me a $100.00 credit line.  After my first statement, they increased my credit line to $300.00.  In July they gave me a $300.00 increase and just this week, they increased my total credit limit to $1200.00.  Also, they upgraded my card to the Platimum level!

Gotta love Macy's!

They upgraded it to Platinum level because you've been using it like mad - that's a minimum of $1K in net charges since you received your card. That's also why you got all the CLI's. Macy's loves you!

Message 7 of 25
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Got my card in Sept 08 and just received a credit increase last month or so. Was $100, now its at $1000.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my second GLI...

I opened it in Oct 2008, in April 2009 it went from $100 > $1000 (without me asking for an increase that was just their review)

This month it went from $1000 > $2000.

Now granted I am a platinum card holder cause when my mom comes to visit from the UK she charges all her shopping at macys on there and then just gives me the cash (pretty much so she can use the free gift wrap or alterations) and I have bought some house stuff from there but regardless they seem generous with their limits to me!

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to let people know that in my case i was able to get a 90 day GLI today. I got one on 7/16 and then i called today and got another for the same amount. No discussion of the 6 months timeframe change as has been mentioned in some threads. The account is about 3 years old and I call the backdoor number every 3 months to get a GLI. For me was business as usual.
Message Edited by goteegoat on 10-19-2009 11:46 AM
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.