Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CS conversation

tag
DanielF
Contributor

Macy's CS conversation

Tried to get more information from Macy's about how and when they will report limits to the CBs. After talking to four different people, I have come to the conclusion that they seriously have no idea whats going on at their own company. I decided then to get my guidelines as high as possible in order to prepare. They raised my regular account from 1000 to 2500 and my major purchases account from 2400 to 3900. We will see how this works out. The last person I talked to said March, but I'm not holding my breath. And BTW, the increases were internal no HP or SP.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's CS conversation

@DanielF wrote:

Tried to get more information from Macy's about how and when they will report limits to the CBs. After talking to four different people, I have come to the conclusion that they seriously have no idea whats going on at their own company. I decided then to get my guidelines as high as possible in order to prepare. They raised my regular account from 1000 to 2500 and my major purchases account from 2400 to 3900. We will see how this works out. The last person I talked to said March, but I'm not holding my breath. And BTW, the increases were internal no HP or SP.

How or why did they increase your Major Purchase Account?

Do you currently have a balance on it?

In my experience they don't open them over phone and don't CLI them because it's done for each purchase and I use to see the CL coming down as my balance did.

Message 2 of 9
DanielF
Contributor

I do have a balance on it and thats why I'm worried about how they will report the balances. Before I called, my balance was 2490 and the guideline was 2500. They told me that as far as they knew, it would report as a seperate tradeline and more than likely the guidelines would transer over to the limits. I explained to them that I did not want any tradeline of mine showing 99% utilization and they agreed to raise the guideline to 3900.

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DanielF wrote:

I do have a balance on it and thats why I'm worried about how they will report the balances. Before I called, my balance was 2490 and the guideline was 2500. They told me that as far as they knew, it would report as a seperate tradeline and more than likely the guidelines would transer over to the limits. I explained to them that I did not want any tradeline of mine showing 99% utilization and they agreed to raise the guideline to 3900.

The Major Purchase account usually reports as a charge card I believe so the util doesn't get into score except sometimes with the TU98? like Amex.

Message 4 of 9
DanielF
Contributor

I hope so, I just don't want to take any chances with them since they don't seem to be too on top of things over there. That would be a pretty big ding if they reported a cl with that account the way it was. Its still not great but if they do report the cl on the major purchase account it won't look maxed out.

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DanielF wrote:

I hope so, I just don't want to take any chances with them since they don't seem to be too on top of things over there. That would be a pretty big ding if they reported a cl with that account the way it was. Its still not great but if they do report the cl on the major purchase account it won't look maxed out.

Now did they ask you how much you were looking for or just come back and say we can offer you this?

Message 6 of 9
DanielF
Contributor

I asked for 3000 on regular and they countered with 2500. asked for 5k on major purchases and they countered with 3900.

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DanielF wrote:

I asked for 3000 on regular and they countered with 2500. asked for 5k on major purchases and they countered with 3900.

That's good!

I always tell people shoot for the stars when asking for CLI with Macy's/Bloomingdales, American Express x3, and Citi... The system will almost always just come back with counter or approve what you ask for.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called to have my internal guideline increased for when they do issue a credit line, and when I called the credit analyst did increase it, but also said that was my new credit line. And I asked if she meant my guideline and she said no, this would now report on my credits report with a credit line..Soft pull as well, credit reports are currently frozen. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.