Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Card CLI denial!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Macy's Card CLI denial!!!

I called to request CLI for my Macy's Card. I requested to increase from $3500 to $5000.  asked me my annual income to process CLI . I was on hold on the line for almost 5 min.  It came back with denial meassage and will get letter within 7-10 days. I don't know they pull hard or soft.

Ron.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Card CLI denial!!!

Sorry to hear Ron 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 30
ccuser
Valued Member

Was it a HP or SP?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't see your last sentence.

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 3 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

I called to request CLI for my Macy's Card. I requested to increase from $3500 to $5000.  asked me my annual income to process CLI . I was on hold on the line for almost 5 min.  It came back with denial meassage and will get letter within 7-10 days. I don't know they pull hard or soft.

Ron.

Na ah!  Although anything could be possible, I do find this hard to believe!!  Not Ron the Credit Master!

Message 4 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would also be curious to see whether the request ended up being SP or HP... Let us know what the letter points to as far as reasons.  Sorry to hear Ron Robot Sad

Message 5 of 30
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

My partner keeps getting screwed by Macy's too. He opened his card in April with a $400 CL. I called in and got him a CLI to $1,000 in August. Called in on Black Friday, and they gave him a whopping $100 CLI. He has scores above 700, we use the card a lot, have a good income, and he has credit limits that are a lot higher. I just don't see why they are being so stingy....
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 6 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:
My partner keeps getting screwed by Macy's too. He opened his card in April with a $400 CL. I called in and got him a CLI to $1,000 in August. Called in on Black Friday, and they gave him a whopping $100 CLI. He has scores above 700, we use the card a lot, have a good income, and he has credit limits that are a lot higher. I just don't see why they are being so stingy....

Sorry to hear it. I have had the account since 2006 (when they were May Dept stores).  I was surpised when I got denied for CLI. My score was 782. I got perfect credit history and my credit utilization was around 1%.  They sounded like they didn't want to give out any CLI to anyone.

Ron.

Message 7 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Na ah!  Although anything could be possible, I do find this hard to believe!!  Not Ron the Credit Master!

Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Smiley Surprised

I am shocked!  There must have been an error.

oy! I remember May Dept

Message 9 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Smiley Surprised

I am shocked!  There must have been an error.

oy! I remember May Dept

I think May Dept stores was better Macys. Now I like to shop at Kohls.  Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.