Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Card CLI denial!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Card CLI denial!!!

@Jbb2788 wrote:

I am shocked to hear this. Macy's increased me from $700 to $10,000 this week and I have good credit but not stellar by any means. They even denied me for the AMEX upgrade. 

Congrats!!!!  Smiley Happy  I was shocked when he told me I got denied. I have had the accounts for over 7 years and have perfect payment history. I have excellent credit history and my score was closed to 800.

Ron.

Message 21 of 30
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Ron- If I were you I'd get on the chat & try again. I'm pretty sure it is a soft pull unless they say ask you if they can pull your credit.

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 22 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Ron- If I were you I'd get on the chat & try again. I'm pretty sure it is a soft pull unless they say ask you if they can pull your credit.

You realize a soft pull is pulling your credit report, albeit not placing a hard inquiry.

Message 23 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Thanks for your advice. I might not want to push issue any further.  They might pull multiple HP on my other credit reports two years ago. Anyway, I don't use that much on the store card. I use it to take advantage of the discount.

Ron.

Message 24 of 30
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Jbb2788 wrote:

Thanks for your advice. I might not want to push issue any further.  They might pull multiple HP on my other credit reports two years ago. Anyway, I don't use that much on the store card. I use it to take advantage of the discount.

Ron.

This is interesting... My limit was increased last week via chat from 2500 to 5000 with no hard pull.  EXP fico was 643 and my overall utilization was over 50%. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 25 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got EQ report today and they also pulled HP from EQ. They pulled HP from both EXP and EQ. Smiley Sad  I haven't gotten any letter for denial.

Ron.

Message 26 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

I got EQ report today and they also pulled HP from EQ. They pulled HP from both EXP and EQ. Smiley Sad  I haven't gotten any letter for denial.

Ron.

Now you've got me curious on what the letter might list as reasons, especially with a double pull.  I've never experienced any double pulls by DSNB so this is odd.

Oh Creditaddit?  where are you?  Have you ever heard of this?

Message 27 of 30
score_building
Senior Contributor

Well we do know atypical profiles can throw up red flags, even with current lenders, any issuer may peek at another report if the 1st pull brings pause but not a clear final decision. 

Some combination of 'too many...' a likely response for a card holder with 100s of other accounts, coupled with marginal use, may've set the stage for the denial. Though the denial reasons given may not of course spell it out clearly. 

Unrelenting app patterns seem to increasingly lead to denials over time, though Ron has proven to be rather impervious to this general rule of thumb.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 28 of 30
IWOL
Established Contributor

Ron....surprised you got declined with your profile. I was wondering, whats your usage on the card like?

i just got my Macys card increased from 3500 to 5000. prior to my request I did have a soft from Macys on EQ which i think May have something to do with weather or not you get a soft or hard pull. 

I do use the card quite a but though. I think I have charged around $4000 over the 10 months. I have had the card and mostly PIF. I think they like to see usage.

Message 29 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@score_building wrote:

Well we do know atypical profiles can throw up red flags, even with current lenders, any issuer may peek at another report if the 1st pull brings pause but not a clear final decision. 

Some combination of 'too many...' a likely response for a card holder with 100s of other accounts, coupled with marginal use, may've set the stage for the denial. Though the denial reasons given may not of course spell it out clearly. 

Unrelenting app patterns seem to increasingly lead to denials over time, though Ron has proven to be rather impervious to this general rule of thumb.

Exactly...

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.