Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's / Citi CLI's

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Macy's / Citi CLI's

I got $1400 CLI on my Citi Card making my new CL on the card to $21,800.

I got $700 CLI on my Macy's Store card making my new CL on the card to $4500.

I guess some companis are still giving CLI while others doing CLD.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's / Citi CLI's

congrats on the cli x2!!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 25
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Whoo Hoooo!!! Congratulations!!!!

scuba diving at Stoney Cove
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 3 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

1) My Macys is at $3.7K.

2) I just got offered and accepted the Macys/Visa add-on. Seemed to be instantly approved - like it was more an issue of my bothering to accept it than anything else. Not that the terms on the card are all that great, but if I ever can get up to gold status on my Macys store purchases it does offer some rewards. I took it because it is not easy to get, they were offering and it is another trade line (hopefully a decent one). In this climate one more TL can't be bad.

3) The "luv button" appeared in my Citicard menus very recently. I am not going to use it until I have done some tweaking and am ready to top off my CL before I use my available BT offer.

OP: Did you ask for those increases or were they "immaculate"?

Message 4 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

1) My Macys is at $3.7K.

2) I just got offered and accepted the Macys/Visa add-on. Seemed to be instantly approved - like it was more an issue of my bothering to accept it than anything else. Not that the terms on the card are all that great, but if I ever can get up to gold status on my Macys store purchases it does offer some rewards. I took it because it is not easy to get, they were offering and it is another trade line (hopefully a decent one). In this climate one more TL can't be bad.

3) The "luv button" appeared in my Citicard menus very recently. I am not going to use it until I have done some tweaking and am ready to top off my CL before I use my available BT offer.

I asked for CLI's. Keep in mind when you apply for Macy's Visa Card upgrade it is not really upgrade. They add another tradeline to your CR which can reduce the AAoA of your accounts and also there will be a hard inq on your CR. They pulled EX/EQ for me in my case when I applied for it last time and they declined my application. Be very sure it is a guaranteed approval for Macy's Visa. If not hold for few months and then ask for it when you are ready for it.

Message 5 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

1) My Macys is at $3.7K.

I asked for CLI's. Keep in mind when you apply for Macy's Visa Card upgrade it is not really upgrade. They add another tradeline to your CR which can reduce the AAoA of your accounts and also there will be a hard inq on your CR. They pulled EX/EQ for me in my case when I applied for it last time and they declined my application. Be very sure it is a guaranteed approval for Macy's Visa. If not hold for few months and then ask for it when you are ready for it.

often there is an HP for it, but some reportedly get it w/o an HP.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

1) My Macys is at $3.7K.

Yeah I know how the Macy's Visa works. Separate trade line helps with util and hurts AAoA.

I was offered the Macy's Visa by email:

upgrade to a Macy's Red Star Rewards Visa Card - you've earned it!*

After comtemplating the matter for about a month (I am not crazy about the terms) and with time running out I returned to the email and pressed the "Accept" button.

I was asked to provide a couple of items of information for identity verification - no SSN, no income - this was not an "app" (one was my mother's maiden name) and click that I accepted the terms and immediately got the following screen:

confirmation

Congratulations on accepting the Macy's Red Star Rewards Visa Card! Your card will be mailed to you and you should receive it in 10-14 business days. We hope you enjoy all the exclusive benefits and privileges you're entitled to as a Macy's Red Star Rewards Visa Cardholder.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at our customer service number exclusively for Red Star Rewards Visa customers: 1-888-282-8697.

When you receive your card please be sure to update your macys.com profile by adding your new Visa account number to your profile to receive $10 off your next purchase of $75 or more online at macys.com. Not registed? Register now at macys.com and take advantage of all the Star Rewards benefits online.

This was on 25JUN, Thursday. I keep checking EX for a hard and there has not been one. I also am not getting a TU alert in TC or a SW alert for EQ. So I do accept the above at face value and am waiting to see what exactly I end up with. Macys has been very good to me so I am not anticipating getting screwed here. Of course I could always be screwed I suppose!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on both cli...
Message 8 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

confirmation

Congratulations on accepting the Macy's Red Star Rewards Visa Card! Your card will be mailed to you and you should receive it in 10-14 business days. We hope you enjoy all the exclusive benefits and privileges you're entitled to as a Macy's Red Star Rewards Visa Cardholder.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at our customer service number exclusively for Red Star Rewards Visa customers: 1-888-282-8697.

When you receive your card please be sure to update your macys.com profile by adding your new Visa account number to your profile to receive $10 off your next purchase of $75 or more online at macys.com. Not registed? Register now at macys.com and take advantage of all the Star Rewards benefits online.

This was on 25JUN, Thursday. I keep checking EX for a hard and there has not been one. I also am not getting a TU alert in TC or a SW alert for EQ. So I do accept the above at face value and am waiting to see what exactly I end up with. Macys has been very good to me so I am not anticipating getting screwed here. Of course I could always be screwed I suppose!

Did they tell you what is your CL on your Macy's Visa? May I ask what is your Credit Limit on your Macy's store card?
Message 9 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

confirmation

Did they tell you what is your CL on your Macy's Visa? May I ask what is your Credit Limit on your Macy's store card?

Sure. In my original post in this thread I stated my Macy's guideline is $3.7k. I am waiting to find out what they are going to come up with for a CL for my Macy's Visa. Hopefully enough to make it worth taking a new account hit at this point in time. I'll post it here just as soon as I know.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 06-29-2009 12:45 PM
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.