cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Club account is reporting (not hidden)

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Macy's Club account is reporting (not hidden)

Just a heads-up to all of you who opened or are planning to open a Club account to your Macy's card in anticipation of the line merger in July:  this account is NOT a hidden TL like the Special Events and Major Purchases accounts appear to be.  I was approved for both the Major Purchases and Club lines earlier this month, and my account statement cut yesterday and was updated to CCBs by this morning.  From my Experian report, I can see one new Macy's account opened 5/15 with a CL of $10k (that's the Club); my Special Events continues to be hidden, and my Major Purchases is also invisible.  

So when the line merger happens in a few months, this visible Club TL will show as closed while my other visible Macy's TL (the revolving line) will have the new consolidated CL.  I'm a little bummed that this'll affect my AAoA in a way I didn't expect, but what's done is done.  But if any of you who were thinking about the Club account and are concerned about AAoA and number of new accounts, you may want to take pause.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Club account is reporting (not hidden)

Good to know. But it always reported from what I heard and know..

Message 2 of 4
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's a new behavior on their part (I found a couple old posts that stated as much), but I didn't know about it beforehand, and I figured that with all the recent attention on the Macy's lines, it would be good to let others know as well.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarux3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's a new behavior on their part (I found a couple old posts that stated as much), but I didn't know about it beforehand, and I figured that with all the recent attention on the Macy's lines, it would be good to let others know as well.

Oh Ok.. Cool.  This is good info...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.