cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

Yesterday I continued my app spree and wanted to try my chance with Macys, I been trying since last year but DENIED! Today I called the card services for status of  my app. got transferred to I'm assuming backdoor rep. She said I applied last month and my score was 580 and now it's 595, they need a 615 for approval! I aske which cb did they pull and it was experian. I just checked my experian and I'm at 610. Experian is probly the worst and lowest score cb for me and out off all cb they pull, it had to be experian. Oh well, she said wait till I get to 615 and try again but another HP and don't know if it's worht it. Anyone have advice ore experience and hw are they with cli? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

Sounds like you need to lay off the app'ing, pay all your balances, and remove whatever is hurting your scores from your reports. sub 600 is pretty low

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I just got one w/ the AMEX version as well.  From the research I did on here and looking at your profile.  I would just wait 1 year to let things age and your scores to come up.  Most store only cards from Macy's will result in a low limit unless you wait and build your scores.  If all you're looking for is another tradeline then give it 6 months and you might get $300 CL out of them.  

Message 3 of 11
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Yes your correct. My score is pretty low......i'm going into the garden for awhile. Thanks for all your help.

Message 4 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Listen to every others advice and stop appps . You hurting your score and low your change to get approved for higher limit. I rather kill myself to get $100 or $200 credit limit . It's not worth it man. Stay in garden for at least one year then higher limit should come on your way next time you apps.

Goodluck.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 11
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice!! That's what I'm going to do. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll have a better portfolio.

Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 11
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

yeah Macy's AMEX has low limits regardless. The AMEX side of the card having a higher limit than the Macy's side of the card.

If my next CLI doesn't bring either the AMEX side or AMEX+Macy's limit over 10k I am closing it, as it will probably be my lowest limit card. And I've *only* seen people complain about this card on the internet, over some low limits too, so maybe those specials at macy's aren't that worth it.

Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

yeah Macy's AMEX has low limits regardless. The AMEX side of the card having a higher limit than the Macy's side of the card.

If my next CLI doesn't bring either the AMEX side or AMEX+Macy's limit over 10k I am closing it, as it will probably be my lowest limit card. And I've *only* seen people complain about this card on the internet, over some low limits too, so maybe those specials at macy's aren't that worth it.

I don't know how much you have to use it but I found in the past at least doubling and more was pretty easy with Macy's Store and Macy's Amex.... but my partner has a new store $1100 and Amex $3500 ill keep you posted on when it's time for CLI.... I want double or more on both with SP or im over it!

back when I had Macy's Visa version I went $1k store, $2k Visa to $2,5,10,10,700 on store and 2,5,10,12k on visa in 1 year.

Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My initial CL was $900, I used it once for $11 - guess I better do some shopping if I want an increase.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.