cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

tag
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

@gen-specific wrote:

yeah Macy's AMEX has low limits regardless. The AMEX side of the card having a higher limit than the Macy's side of the card.

If my next CLI doesn't bring either the AMEX side or AMEX+Macy's limit over 10k I am closing it, as it will probably be my lowest limit card. And I've *only* seen people complain about this card on the internet, over some low limits too, so maybe those specials at macy's aren't that worth it.

The only reason mine stays open is that I have had it nearly 20 years when it was a local dept store card with a 1K limit. Macys had me up over 3K, then a couple of years ago went to the NPSL, slashing limits to zero and requiring a credit check whenever you wanted to use the card. I had heard of people who had zero balance and were told they would have to pay more to the card in order to make their purchases.

This is silly, so I sockdrawered it. I guess a lot of their customers followed suit. They reinstated limits but mine was now a third of what it was. I use it now and again, and that is it.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.