Regular Contributor
silverzgirl

Re: Macy's Credit Card? Hard to get? CLI? Is it worth HP?

gen-specific wrote:

yeah Macy's AMEX has low limits regardless. The AMEX side of the card having a higher limit than the Macy's side of the card.

If my next CLI doesn't bring either the AMEX side or AMEX+Macy's limit over 10k I am closing it, as it will probably be my lowest limit card. And I've *only* seen people complain about this card on the internet, over some low limits too, so maybe those specials at macy's aren't that worth it.

The only reason mine stays open is that I have had it nearly 20 years when it was a local dept store card with a 1K limit. Macys had me up over 3K, then a couple of years ago went to the NPSL, slashing limits to zero and requiring a credit check whenever you wanted to use the card. I had heard of people who had zero balance and were told they would have to pay more to the card in order to make their purchases.

This is silly, so I sockdrawered it. I guess a lot of their customers followed suit. They reinstated limits but mine was now a third of what it was. I use it now and again, and that is it.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742(Quizzle) EQ-656 (MyFICO), TU-690 (CK)

Currently: BECU Visa 12K, Navchek 15K, NFCU Platinum Visa 11K, Vystar CU Platinum Visa 7500, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom 3500, Talbots 3000, Ann Taylor 2280, Pier 1 1500, Macys 1300, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+