Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's - Credit Score Needed?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?

How do you add this Fico Fitness challange in bottom of your sigi?
Message 11 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Creditaddict wrote:
How do you add this Fico Fitness challange in bottom of your sigi?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=FC

There's a thread in the above that has the siggy. Copy and paste into your profile (Click "My Profile" above and the siggy box is the second or so down)  and tailor as you see fit.

Message 12 of 30
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I could find out what score is needed for Macy's? Would this be an EX pull?  Thanks!

What state do you live in??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately my Sallie Mae loan is showing 120-day lateness as of Nov 2009 (failed to update bank card - my fault).  I will wait until 6-9 months goes by.

Thanks for all the great advice!

It will probably take a lot longer than that to put a major derog like a 120-day late behind you.
Message 14 of 30
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Macy's does not seem to be score driven, I knew someone that was given a $200 limit in store with a 565 credit score, but he had quite a bit of open credit, even though he had recent lates.

Now just a couple weeks ago my friend with no credit card credit and a 650 score was declined because of negative history and not enough credit. 

Macys has a very sophisticated internal model.

Remember Macys, like Amex, has been issuing credit to folks since long, long before there was a FICO!

And it has a long memory, too.  Recently we were doing some account maintenance with them, and for verification they asked about addresses from back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  But we didn't have a Macy's card then - we had a Marshall Field's card.  When Macy's consumed Marshall Field, they must have incorporated its credit database as well.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in New York.
Message 16 of 30
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I live in New York.

they pulled EX for me in NY.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Macy's does not seem to be score driven, I knew someone that was given a $200 limit in store with a 565 credit score, but he had quite a bit of open credit, even though he had recent lates.

Now just a couple weeks ago my friend with no credit card credit and a 650 score was declined because of negative history and not enough credit. 

Macys has a very sophisticated internal model.

Remember Macys, like Amex, has been issuing credit to folks since long, long before there was a FICO!

And it has a long memory, too.  Recently we were doing some account maintenance with them, and for verification they asked about addresses from back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  But we didn't have a Macy's card then - we had a Marshall Field's card.  When Macy's consumed Marshall Field, they must have incorporated its credit database as well.

Could be an ID verification service that they subscribe to.  The CRAs offer this type of service to subscribers to verify ID.  I've had them come out with addresses that I lived at over 30 years ago.  It's a much more robust service than the typical one you see when applying online for something and get the four or five multiple choice questions like which of these addresses have you lived at or which of the following services your mortgage. 
Message 18 of 30
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Could be an ID verification service that they subscribe to.  The CRAs offer this type of service to subscribers to verify ID.  I've had them come out with addresses that I lived at over 30 years ago.  It's a much more robust service than the typical one you see when applying online for something and get the four or five multiple choice questions like which of these addresses have you lived at or which of the following services your mortgage. 

Yes, this could be the case.  Regardless of the source of the information, it nearly got me into trouble.  I moved around a lot during those days, from sublet to sublet, and there were a couple addresses that I couldn't quite recall.

Message 19 of 30
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Hi LadyQ

FYI: I apped in November and got $1K for the store card. I did it online and it is a fact that in order to be ** considered ** for their Visa product, you must apply in the store...this information is on the boards as well as verified by a CSR that I spoke with.

No idea what my EX FICO score would be,but my plus score was about 715 - that's my only way to measure, but perhaps some indication. Now Vantage EX Score is 705, again, they are not real scores, but some kind of gauge, and that's all it is really is, a gauge.

I called because I was initially declined b./c my ID could not be verified - forget to add my mobile number to my FA report on EX!! . After a series of questions about my ID, I got the card. I have a KD (150 day late payment) from April 09 (not true) with Dell and two other baddies that are paid in full, a couple of years old.

They pull EX only for the store card..

Also, the rep I was on the phone with who verified my ID, told me "according to the bureau score we recieved, you would get a limit of $1K".

I hope this helps.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.