Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Epic Contributor
Posts: 29,077
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?

How do you add this Fico Fitness challange in bottom of your sigi?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,865
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


Creditaddict wrote:
How do you add this Fico Fitness challange in bottom of your sigi?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=FC

 

There's a thread in the above that has the siggy. Copy and paste into your profile (Click "My Profile" above and the siggy box is the second or so down)  and tailor as you see fit.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,301
Registered: ‎05-01-2008
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


LadyBlueQ wrote:

Hi All,

 

Does anyone know how I could find out what score is needed for Macy's? Would this be an EX pull?  Thanks!


What state do you live in??



Starting Score: 02/2015 TU 709 - EQ 676 - EX 729
Current Score: 07/2015 TU 730 - EQ 699 - EX 724
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 08.09.15

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


LadyBlueQ wrote:

Unfortunately my Sallie Mae loan is showing 120-day lateness as of Nov 2009 (failed to update bank card - my fault).  I will wait until 6-9 months goes by.

 

Thanks for all the great advice!


 

It will probably take a lot longer than that to put a major derog like a 120-day late behind you.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Macy's does not seem to be score driven, I knew someone that was given a $200 limit in store with a 565 credit score, but he had quite a bit of open credit, even though he had recent lates.

Now just a couple weeks ago my friend with no credit card credit and a 650 score was declined because of negative history and not enough credit. 


 

Macys has a very sophisticated internal model.

 

Remember Macys, like Amex, has been issuing credit to folks since long, long before there was a FICO!


And it has a long memory, too.  Recently we were doing some account maintenance with them, and for verification they asked about addresses from back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  But we didn't have a Macy's card then - we had a Marshall Field's card.  When Macy's consumed Marshall Field, they must have incorporated its credit database as well.

Contributor
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎07-02-2008
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?

I live in New York.

Starting Score 1/1/10: TU: 495 EQ: 597
Current Score 9/20/10: TU: 634 EQ: 673
Goal Score 6/1/10: TU: 600+ EQ: 650+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,876
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


LadyBlueQ wrote:
I live in New York.

 

they pulled EX for me in NY.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


Lel wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Macy's does not seem to be score driven, I knew someone that was given a $200 limit in store with a 565 credit score, but he had quite a bit of open credit, even though he had recent lates.

Now just a couple weeks ago my friend with no credit card credit and a 650 score was declined because of negative history and not enough credit. 


 

Macys has a very sophisticated internal model.

 

Remember Macys, like Amex, has been issuing credit to folks since long, long before there was a FICO!


And it has a long memory, too.  Recently we were doing some account maintenance with them, and for verification they asked about addresses from back in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  But we didn't have a Macy's card then - we had a Marshall Field's card.  When Macy's consumed Marshall Field, they must have incorporated its credit database as well.


 

Could be an ID verification service that they subscribe to.  The CRAs offer this type of service to subscribers to verify ID.  I've had them come out with addresses that I lived at over 30 years ago.  It's a much more robust service than the typical one you see when applying online for something and get the four or five multiple choice questions like which of these addresses have you lived at or which of the following services your mortgage. 
IAALBNYL
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,279
Registered: ‎03-18-2008
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?


O6 wrote:
Could be an ID verification service that they subscribe to.  The CRAs offer this type of service to subscribers to verify ID.  I've had them come out with addresses that I lived at over 30 years ago.  It's a much more robust service than the typical one you see when applying online for something and get the four or five multiple choice questions like which of these addresses have you lived at or which of the following services your mortgage. 

 

Yes, this could be the case.  Regardless of the source of the information, it nearly got me into trouble.  I moved around a lot during those days, from sublet to sublet, and there were a couple addresses that I couldn't quite recall.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,320
Registered: ‎04-18-2009
0

Re: Macy's - Credit Score Needed?

Hi LadyQ

FYI: I apped in November and got $1K for the store card. I did it online and it is a fact that in order to be ** considered ** for their Visa product, you must apply in the store...this information is on the boards as well as verified by a CSR that I spoke with.

 

No idea what my EX FICO score would be,but my plus score was about 715 - that's my only way to measure, but perhaps some indication. Now Vantage EX Score is 705, again, they are not real scores, but some kind of gauge, and that's all it is really is, a gauge.

 

I called because I was initially declined b./c my ID could not be verified - forget to add my mobile number to my FA report on EX!! . After a series of questions about my ID, I got the card. I have a KD (150 day late payment) from April 09 (not true) with Dell and two other baddies that are paid in full, a couple of years old.

 

They pull EX only for the store card..

 

Also, the rep I was on the phone with who verified my ID, told me "according to the bureau score we recieved, you would get a limit of $1K".

 

I hope this helps.


Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.