cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Elite American Express Call Centers, Payments and Hang Ups! little long!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Elite American Express Call Centers, Payments and Hang Ups! little long!

Okay so pretty sure I'm not the only one and we have had a few threads about it... But I log in today while I'm trying to talk to a rep that doesn't understand what the question was to see that I have a minimum payment due in 2 days!!!

Okay so lets sum this up in 30 seconds!

First Call... After spending over 5 minutes in the terrible automated system got a rep and about 3 minutes into she didn't seem to understand that she worked for a credit card company I asked for Supervisor... On hold for about 7-8 minutes and Click!

Call Two - within 2 minutes of being on the phone she had already stated 3 things that had nothing to do with my credit card or my question and this is after she asked me to let her see if she could help since I was hung up on.... so after those questions, I said Im sorry but I need a supervisor... she put me on hold for about 5-7 minutes and then came back and said working on transfer please hold again... and at 16:43 the phone clicked... She hung up on me!

I assume this is what htey are hoping because my friend had gotten here during this phone call and we had to leave so I didn't get to call back...

So now about 5:30 I called and as soon as it gave the statement about because of your status you can speak to agent at anytime... Lady picks up and instantly I was like "Please tell me this means you are actually in the states!!!??? She kind of laughed and said YES, I take it you had a problem!

Yes I did, I got hung up on twice!!!  Okay sorry falling short on my 30 seconds! Aynway ask her about the payment issue and it's now been 3 months, not sure actually how this hasn't cause like a real issue... it's got to be breaking some legal issue but anyway, she says I have been hearing it a lot and we send it to the department that its suppose to fix... I then asked about my rewards becuase sometimes the statement gets thrown away, I forget that they put them within it... BTW (They can't be tracked or seen if they have been sent!!) She placed to order it again and she said I would assume they would send something saying no if they saw it used... didn't realy understand how they can't see that and why I can't print it online... but anyway great so all issues solved and we are under 6 monutes!!! and that includes the at least 2 I spent with verifying account in automated system...

So I said looking at the time on phone we are at like 5:43 time, Does my account show that I have called 3 times, surely someone is interested in the fact that the international phone calls are going over 10 minutes and many even longer.... further more I said you are not alone in this, GE has been doing it more and more and I said I don't think it's just me but 95% of the time if I ask for supervisor I tend to wait 10+ minutes and then get hung up on... PayPal MC just the last couple days has happened, and last month and month before when calling about the Macy's Min. payment thing.

She said I can mark that... I had asked about how to get US call centers (they have 5 total, 3 are here. She seemed to think it pushes calls where not as busy for shortest wait.

I was they you all seem to push Elite gets you perks, I was like if I could choose US, I would WAIT!... I was like why don't you make one of the perks of Elite is US call centers.

She instantly was like, THAT is a great one!! She is like we send sugggestions and complaints all the time but I have not heard that and I think that would be excellent.

So, anyone else still having this payment thing not showing? being hung up or anything?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Elite American Express Call Centers, Payments and Hang Ups! little long!

bump Smiley Happy ttt

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.