Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI... WOW

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's GLI... WOW

I know some people have reported hards done by Macy's but I think they just got bad employees that didn't know what they were doing, I have NEVER had INQ and I would go through the roof if I got one, they get updated soft reports monthly that the computer generates GLI and CLI from... I always ask for double my current CLI when I do ask every 3 months.

last store increase before this, they would only give $700, but this time, they gave more than I asked (which wasn't my usual double)

all my previous visa increases up till this last one were double, this last one was granted on 6 months exactly what is now required for visa and they gave it to me before i even called. 

Message 11 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

According to a Macy's insider who posts elsewhere anytime the CSR put you on hold during a CLI/GLI discussion they may be speaking to a supervisor. The supervisor may initiate the hard INQ without even the CSR knowing about it. Levels above which supervisory intervention is mandatory are GLI = $4K and CLI = $5K. Reps can circumvent the supervisor, but they are breaking the rules by doing so.
Message 12 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

from my experience and a little bit of CSR info added in, the computer establishes guidelines for your account based on spending, payments, and updated credit reports each month and if you ask for ABOVE the guidelines the computer has set up, they at that point may pull, but in my case, they have always just said that that request is over your pre-set guideline and this is what we can offer.

but based on my guideline increases and cli, the computer is 1. SUPER GENEROUS and 2. it's set to do it like clockwork every 3 months for store and 6 months for visa.

I have also been told my major purchase could be doubled at ANYTIME to 7k but I would have to go into store and request to buy something, they won't just give it to me over phone, but for some reason was thinking major purchase just reports high balance anyway, so the increase wouldn't help my util out on my mattress

Message 13 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

AND I totally agree with you, I get long holds on each request I make and I have a feeling at least 1 other person is involved!!

today took just 2 minutes to offer the 10k but then over 15 min before it was official, not sure what went into it between telling me it was available and then making it happen on the account 

Message 14 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Supposedly they have two different s/w tools that they can use to compute the GL figures. They must also batch run the same programs at intervals. Every once in a while they do force an increase out to you w/o a request. (I have had it happen to me.) Insider claims that the s/w tools like use. I think we already knew that empirically!

FYI: Insider states the largest store GL he has seen is Macy's store = $60K and highest Visa CL is Bloomingdale's Visa = $100K. It would seem you still have some room for growth!

Message 15 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

i had heard on here someone with 37.5 on store so until I hit 38, I won't slow with my requests and until my visa is my highest I have, I won't be happy!

I have bloomies store, not visa and it's 8700 but I never call and almost never use card now that I don't live in chicago 

Message 16 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

WOW is right, congrats on the 'GO LARGE' macy's GLI Smiley Very Happy

looks like they rewarded you for heavy usage... and want it to continue.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 21
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Macy's (at least here in Milwaukee) is having a 1-day sale promo on Saturday. I guess I will have to go get my Macy's card. The deal is $10 off a min $25 purchase. I can use another card with a decent limit and $0 balance. Only have 1 inq on the CR and really am not seeking credit in general. Based on the scores posted my scores EQ 680 TU 715 are plenty. Thanks for the headsup on this card ppl.

My guess is that you can tell the website that you are in Milwaukee and take the coupon to any store even if your local store does not have this promo. I changed my address on the website to Los Angeles and still got the same promo. YMMV

Message 18 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

Macroman wrote:

Macy's (at least here in Milwaukee) is having a 1-day sale promo on Saturday. I guess I will have to go get my Macy's card. The deal is $10 off a min $25 purchase. I can use another card with a decent limit and $0 balance. Only have 1 inq on the CR and really am not seeking credit in general. Based on the scores posted my scores EQ 680 TU 715 are plenty. Thanks for the headsup on this card ppl.

My guess is that you can tell the website that you are in Milwaukee and take the coupon to any store even if your local store does not have this promo. I changed my address on the website to Los Angeles and still got the same promo. YMMV

or your freshly minted macy's visa or store card, the choice us yours Smiley Wink

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 21
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar experience with Macy's yesterday. I called to ask for a GLI because I was going to be using my card heavily next month. The CSR said I would need to speak with a supervisor. I explained to her what I wanter and she readily doubled my GL like it was the easiest thing. She even said in the end of september  they would have special event account and recommended that I open on of them.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.