Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI schedule

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's GLI schedule

Ha!

After reading this I thought I would call them and see - when I first opened my account  just over 3 months ago - all they gave me was a $100 limit on a store card - thought I would see what I could do.

When I called them tho they told me it had already been reviewed on the 20th April after 3 months and that my Credit Limit is now $1000 - WOO HOO! 

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I also started with a $100 credit limit. After 3 months, they gave me a $100 GLI, so now I'm at $200.

Any ideas behind why the huge GLI? Do you shop and spend a lot at Macy's with your store card? I make small purchases every month and PIF before the statement hits, so it reports a $0 balance.

Message 22 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's get soft updates from credit reports every month. the previous poster gained over 70 pts, that probably had something to do with the huge increase in credit line. but spending really helps too I think
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! I also started with a $100 credit limit. After 3 months, they gave me a $100 GLI, so now I'm at $200.

Any ideas behind why the huge GLI? Do you shop and spend a lot at Macy's with your store card? I make small purchases every month and PIF before the statement hits, so it reports a $0 balance.

I have got it up to the $99 mark once each mnth and then pay it down to $2 or so bu yeah i thik credit addict is probably correct and it is mostly to do with score jump

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Kalv, 

i've used this card probably 5-6 since opened in July 08. most of those times the card was pif before a statement was cut and were very small amounts of $50 or lower. If they went by spending habits then I shouldnt have a 1500 cl.

Message 25 of 33
torry590
Regular Contributor

They denied me for a GLI, I have had the card since november 2008, never late, balance is low.

They started me at 100, uped me to 200.

and i called for my GLI yesterday and denied.. wtf?

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 26 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

@torry590 wrote:

They denied me for a GLI, I have had the card since november 2008, never late, balance is low.

They started me at 100, uped me to 200.

and i called for my GLI yesterday and denied.. wtf?

you've had the card for approximately 6 months.  you need to wait for 3 statements to cut from the last increase. 
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 27 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

itsmeagain, 

i'm jealous, as a city dweller, i rarely get to a bbq Smiley Sad

thanks for sharing the info. about your store card/ visa pairing-  

just remember next time to throw another shrimp on the barbie for me!

Message 28 of 33
torry590
Regular Contributor

I did let it cut, I called when they told me to. They said I was denied for one.
As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 29 of 33
score_building
Senior Contributor

as creditaddict indicated they pull a soft every month.  if you have negative info. reporting, that may be the reason they did not increase CL.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.