Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's GLI

I opened my Macy's account in 11/07 and I'm currently at $4,800 thanks to the $2,500 CLI they gave during Christmas.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask what Macy's card everyone is getting these increases for?  I just have a red star rewards card with a 1,000 CL.  Should I be calling every three months and asking for increases?
Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you call every 3 months like clock work for increase
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can I ask what Macy's card everyone is getting these increases for?  I just have a red star rewards card with a 1,000 CL.  Should I be calling every three months and asking for increases?

Mine is the store card.

I've received increases every 3 months for the past year.   The first, second, and fourth increases were a result of me calling in to request them.   The third however, was automatic, which was very surprising.   They doubled my credit limit right after Christmas.

The most recent increase wasn't much (an additional $200) but hey, no complaints.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cow - thank you so much.  I called, they asked how much, I said "$200", they put me on hold and then responded with "$500".  Nice.  Now the CL is $1,500!!  Thanks - this helps out a lot with UTIL and I was just debating about getting rid of a crappy dink card that only has a $400 CL.  Nice to know it would balance out now.

Edited to ask:  Any idea how high up the store card can go??

Message Edited by lacedup2go on 04-09-2009 02:09 PM
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.