Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Macy's GLI :)

[ Edited ]
I stopped asking at $3.7K. Six months later they offered me the Visa.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-08-2009 10:16 PM
Super Contributor
concorduser

I got my GLI couple of weeks ago. They increased it from $3800 to new CL $4500
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Maybe I should ask again...
Senior Contributor
score_building

couldn't hurt- they clearly like your EX since you got the visa...go for it.
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I would feel better about asking had I actually bought something from them lately. They remarked on my non-purchases the last time I got a GLI. I brow beat the dude into it. Told him i knew exactly how the system worked and that if he didn't tell me exactly what the computer screen in front of him said I would hang up and call the next CSR in line who would. He folded like a cheap camera. :smileyvery-happy:
Senior Contributor
fishbjc

That reminds ME....got to call them.  I think we're at $1600.  Thinking of purchasing a new mattress in October.  Good excuse to ask.
Valued Member
torry590

I just added a major purchase account to my card. 1500$ for a bed frame and bed set. Man I love macy's finally a card that grows with you.

They did pull a report, because I had a fraud alert on file so any major changes to the account result in a hard pull. 

Worth it for more purchasing power, and i got 0% for 6 months! gonna pay it off in that time, and its there to use if I ever want to in the future.

Going to pick out the bed after work today!

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

torry590 wrote:

I just added a major purchase account to my card. 1500$ for a bed frame and bed set. Man I love macy's finally a card that grows with you.

They did pull a report, because I had a fraud alert on file so any major changes to the account result in a hard pull. 

Worth it for more purchasing power, and i got 0% for 6 months! gonna pay it off in that time, and its there to use if I ever want to in the future.

Going to pick out the bed after work today!

Those are tricky. They may cost you a hard (it doesn't always), it reports as a separate TL and they may close it once you've paid off the purchase. (Yes, I have heard of that being done.) The big +++ with the major purchase account is the 0% APR for however long they give it to you for. Macy's is the best!

Let us know what type account it is (that is a two digit account type designator) and how it reports.

(Last time I had an open major purchase account with them was 30 years ago! I bought wall to wall carpeting for my first apartment. That carpeting was still there and good shape when I left 27 years after it was laid!)

Established Contributor
GFer

I opened mine five months ago---$600 limit. Only used it twice (small purchases).

Just pulled TU to see if my mortgage had posted and had to do a double take! They increased my limit to $2,000!

I thought you had to really use it to get increases??

Hooters gave me a $400 increase last month that I didn't ask for. Thing is; my balances are up quite a bit compared to my usual one or two cards reporting under 9%. :smileysurprised:

1/28/14 EQ 817, (6/30/14)EX 821, TU 817 on 6/13/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
torry590

They coded it as a type 36 account.

So now I have a type 20 (regular card)

and a type 36 (major purchase account)

They better not close it, i'd be mad.

I dont know who they pulled or weather or not it was a soft or hard.

Who do they normally pull for people in NV?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+