Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's GLI :)

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's GLI :)

I stopped asking at $3.7K. Six months later they offered me the Visa.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-08-2009 10:16 PM
Message 11 of 35
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I got my GLI couple of weeks ago. They increased it from $3800 to new CL $4500
Message 12 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Maybe I should ask again...
Message 13 of 35
score_building
Senior Contributor

couldn't hurt- they clearly like your EX since you got the visa...go for it.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would feel better about asking had I actually bought something from them lately. They remarked on my non-purchases the last time I got a GLI. I brow beat the dude into it. Told him i knew exactly how the system worked and that if he didn't tell me exactly what the computer screen in front of him said I would hang up and call the next CSR in line who would. He folded like a cheap camera. Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 35
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

That reminds ME....got to call them.  I think we're at $1600.  Thinking of purchasing a new mattress in October.  Good excuse to ask.
Message 16 of 35
torry590
Regular Contributor

I just added a major purchase account to my card. 1500$ for a bed frame and bed set. Man I love macy's finally a card that grows with you.

They did pull a report, because I had a fraud alert on file so any major changes to the account result in a hard pull. 

Worth it for more purchasing power, and i got 0% for 6 months! gonna pay it off in that time, and its there to use if I ever want to in the future.

Going to pick out the bed after work today!

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 17 of 35
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@torry590 wrote:

I just added a major purchase account to my card. 1500$ for a bed frame and bed set. Man I love macy's finally a card that grows with you.

They did pull a report, because I had a fraud alert on file so any major changes to the account result in a hard pull. 

Worth it for more purchasing power, and i got 0% for 6 months! gonna pay it off in that time, and its there to use if I ever want to in the future.

Going to pick out the bed after work today!

Those are tricky. They may cost you a hard (it doesn't always), it reports as a separate TL and they may close it once you've paid off the purchase. (Yes, I have heard of that being done.) The big +++ with the major purchase account is the 0% APR for however long they give it to you for. Macy's is the best!

Let us know what type account it is (that is a two digit account type designator) and how it reports.

(Last time I had an open major purchase account with them was 30 years ago! I bought wall to wall carpeting for my first apartment. That carpeting was still there and good shape when I left 27 years after it was laid!)

Message 18 of 35
GFer
Valued Contributor

I opened mine five months ago---$600 limit. Only used it twice (small purchases).

Just pulled TU to see if my mortgage had posted and had to do a double take! They increased my limit to $2,000!

I thought you had to really use it to get increases??

Hooters gave me a $400 increase last month that I didn't ask for. Thing is; my balances are up quite a bit compared to my usual one or two cards reporting under 9%. Smiley Surprised

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 35
torry590
Regular Contributor

They coded it as a type 36 account.

So now I have a type 20 (regular card)

and a type 36 (major purchase account)

They better not close it, i'd be mad.

I dont know who they pulled or weather or not it was a soft or hard.

Who do they normally pull for people in NV?

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.