cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's-Got My !st Statement...But Where's the Card?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Macy's-Got My !st Statement...But Where's the Card?

This is strange. I just received my very first statement from Macy's for the account I opened on the 14th of this month and charged a couple items that same day to get my 20% discount, but the card hasnt shown up yet! Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by this Saturday. Anyone else ever get their 1st statemnt before getting the card?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's-Got My !st Statement...But Where's the Card?

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

This is strange. I just received my very first statement from Macy's for the account I opened on the 14th of this month and charged a couple items that same day to get my 20% discount, but the card hasnt shown up yet! Hopefully I'll have it in my hands by this Saturday. Anyone else ever get their 1st statemnt before getting the card?

Yup, nothing strange.  Sometimes that just happens depending on when the account cycles.  Typically, depending on the purchase amount and unless I'm uncertain on when the statement would generate, I PIF right then and there.  Otherwise, if it's a miniscule balance, then it's really a non-issue.  I'm pretty sure the card is on its way, albeit pony express.  Plastics are sent from a separate location than where your paper statement generates.

Message 2 of 21
sunkissed
Established Contributor

The same thing happened with me last month. I applied in the store, made a purchase and received my first statement before the card arrived. I received my card about 9 days after I opened my account.Thankfully I wasn't in a hurry.
NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 3 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My statement came with a zero balance after three days after I opened the card. Cc came about ten days later.
Message 4 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Well I'm glad the statement cut with a balance. It's already reporting on Experian. Not sure if I'm going to PIF  or let some of it carry over yet..

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Not really. I don't plan on app-ing for anything for a while. So I should pay in full? Would that look better (PIF) in a few mos. when I try to upgrade to the AMEX version?

BUSINESS
Message 7 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There's no reason to pay interest if you can afford to PIF -PIF.
Message 8 of 21
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Not really. I don't plan on app-ing for anything for a while. So I should pay in full? Would that look better (PIF) in a few mos. when I try to upgrade to the AMEX version?

The problem with Macy's, Is if you carry a balance so it cuts in the statement, Then you pay it off 2 days later, You'll have to pay the interest for those 2 days in the next statement. I nearly missed a $2.00 payment because of this, If it wasn't for me checking all my credit account debts, I would have. Just make sure if you do carry a balance, Check your balance every other week or so to make sure.

Message 9 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

It's only $48 (balance) so I'll prob. just PIF. Just a heads up: They're already reporting with a balance on EQ also. Just got the Score-Watch alert a little while ago. But my score didn't change-thank goodness-it didn't go DOWN at least.

BUSINESS
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.