Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's HP me!

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macy's HP me!

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Yeah it didnt go so well now i know for next time, CLI was denied as well as purchase, lesson learned movin on.

Sorry it wasn't successful.  But you learned some valuable info about your lender, at least.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 27
ap84
Regular Contributor

Call Fraud Analytics at - 1-800-747-6233 

Starting Score: 508, 532, 558
Current Score: 548, 634, 648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

despite permissiable does it really make it better especially without any warning... We give banks to much slack in this and they punish the very people making them billions by doing bad things to our credit report... There is ZERO reason Macy's needs to do a HP on an existing account, especially if the cardmember NEVER calls... But macy's always has reports on file, just like most creditors, so a hp is just never ever needed and I think it's bs.

I think you're looking at it incorrectly. Do you expect a company to no matter what go by the old information when they have a consumer willfully going over their limit. They need to check to see if this is a viable investment for them. Just like any human would do. Making it black and white doesn't solve the problem or help people know the ins and outs of credit and use it to their advantage. When you pit one against the other, there is very rarely good to be had in the end.

Message 23 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Yeah it didnt go so well now i know for next time, CLI was denied as well as purchase, lesson learned movin on.

Sorry it wasn't successful.  But you learned some valuable info about your lender, at least.   

I agree! Not a negative... just a learning experience. And hey, you get a free report for the denial of credit. Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 27
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

So I have an adittional question.. if i first put money in my macys card.. to make the balance negative. can i go over the transaction limit since i already put money in there?

it also looks like macys credit card is a little different from other cards.. say, regular credit card: 500$ limit.. if i spent 500$ that day and pay it immediately (like with in a minute or two), i still will have to wait a couple business days until the payment is posted and the credit is released so i can reuse the card. But with macys store credit card, they say that i can pif immediately and reuse it immediately.. not sure if it's true.......

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 25 of 27
tld409
Regular Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

So I have an adittional question.. if i first put money in my macys card.. to make the balance negative. can i go over the transaction limit since i already put money in there?

it also looks like macys credit card is a little different from other cards.. say, regular credit card: 500$ limit.. if i spent 500$ that day and pay it immediately (like with in a minute or two), i still will have to wait a couple business days until the payment is posted and the credit is released so i can reuse the card. But with macys store credit card, they say that i can pif immediately and reuse it immediately.. not sure if it's true.......

It's true, I use to do that very thing often when I was first re-building. I think that is why i got an automatic cli from $300 to $1200 in less than 4 months. From that point on, I had to start requesting increases though.

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 26 of 27
gh17
Frequent Contributor

Weren't you posting recently about having a lot of debt and considering bankrupcy/barely able to make minimum payments?  I would recommend that you be very careful and be sure that you are only purchasing necessities and things that you would be able to afford in cash.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt that these were needed for work, but if you're truly in a lot of debt, please make sure that you're not spending more on clothing, etc. than the bare minimum.  All the best!

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.