Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's ...Interesting Conversation with CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's ...Interesting Conversation with CSR

I called today to check my Credit limit and I asked about the closing of the Special Purchases and Club accounts. She said that I am correct about the closing of the accounts, but the Credit Limit will NOT,.... NOT NOT NOT be combined. Those accounts will close, and my Credit Limit with the regular revolving account may or may not raise. It will depend on my "credit worthiness"

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's ...Interesting Conversation with CSR

@Anonymous wrote:

I called today to check my Credit limit and I asked about the closing of the Special Purchases and Club accounts. She said that I am correct about the closing of the accounts, but the Credit Limit will NOT,.... NOT NOT NOT be combined. Those accounts will close, and my Credit Limit with the regular revolving account may or may not raise. It will depend on my "credit worthiness"

WHAT?????   I think she might've been confused. 

Message 2 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like Macys borrowed Capital One's uninformed frontline CSR's for a little bit.Smiley LOL

The same ones who continue to tell people they don't offer account combination at this time, lol

Message 3 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

The CSRs don't seem to have much information.   I don't think anyone will know until next week, and even that is questionable.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess we will have to wait. She did explain that "If your revolving is 3K and your Club and SP accout are both 3K..your new limit will NOT be 9K"...lol so who knows....sigh.

Message 5 of 7
JB2
Contributor

I called them a couple weeks ago trying to get a credit limit increase...(Thats a whole different story) and they tried to get me to open a club account or a furniture account.  I told  the lady that I thought they were closing those accounts and she told me yes they were but that they would combine the credit limit when they do close it.  I think they are all confused about what is going on. 

Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Slate, Chase Sapphire Premium, Macys, Walmart, Meijer , Best Buy, Credit Union, Amazon Visa, 3 Penfed, 3 Fnbo,2 Boa, Discover, Cabelas, 2 US Bank, 2 Citibank, 2 Amex, Syw visa
Message 6 of 7
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@JB2 wrote:

I called them a couple weeks ago trying to get a credit limit increase...(Thats a whole different story) and they tried to get me to open a club account or a furniture account.  I told  the lady that I thought they were closing those accounts and she told me yes they were but that they would combine the credit limit when they do close it.  I think they are all confused about what is going on. 

I really think they are confused because all of a sudden my AMEX Bloomingdale's account  started reporting after 60+ days now my Macy's AMEX as of today is still not  showing up.  I don't think they know what is going on or what will happen until it happens. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.