Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Merging

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's Merging

Woo hoo! I'm so glad I opened a Macy's account a few months ago. When I called in yesterday, my limits had not been combined. And I never received the letter that so many others did.  But this looks great today.

The difference between the balance and available credit is a mattress set that has yet to be delivered.

My statement closing date was always the 28th. Now, it's the 30th. I should see this new reporting on my credit report pretty soon.

Screenshot (6).png

More than enough credit.
Message 91 of 125
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Seems like I was successfully combined. Can't wait for this to be reported!!

2015-08-28 17.24.01-1.jpg

Message 92 of 125
taxi818
Super Contributor

Mr Endowed. Endowed again. nice limit. Smiley Wink

Message 93 of 125
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

lmaoooo yooo taxi u funny as hell, cant even take u serious hahaha.. thanks buddy, im tryna follow ya footsteps lol Smiley HappySmiley Wink

Message 94 of 125
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. He's got a really big ... credit limit!

More than enough credit.
Message 95 of 125
KingReem
Valued Member

Okay am I the only one who seems to be having issues while in store making a purchase with my account twice on the sales associate end it prompted them to call credit service for an approval code and twice the experience wasn't great the hold times were in excess of an hour and a half for the first purchase and a little over 25 minutes for the second now yesterday I signed up for text alerts and noticed that the last four digits to my account number has changed I just got off of the phone with CS and in fact was told that new cards are being mailed out and they're switching to the standard 16 digit account format so thus the change in the last four digits in my account 

Message 96 of 125
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@KingReem wrote:

Okay am I the only one who seems to be having issues while in store making a purchase with my account twice on the sales associate end it prompted them to call credit service for an approval code and twice the experience wasn't great the hold times were in excess of an hour and a half for the first purchase and a little over 25 minutes for the second now yesterday I signed up for text alerts and noticed that the last four digits to my account number has changed I just got off of the phone with CS and in fact was told that new cards are being mailed out and they're switching to the standard 16 digit account format so thus the change in the last four digits in my account 

Wow!  What a mess!

This transition has been plagued with issues.  I hope they get everything worked out soon.  I'm sure Macy's is losing cardmembers daily.  Inconsistent details about account mergers, the switch to plenti, and the website being brought down without notice (and still not fully operational) is a lot to ask a customer to ride out.

I hope your experience is an isolated one. I am sorry you had such a difficult shopping trip.

I have been purposefully avoiding any Macy's purchases until this all settles out.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 97 of 125
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

New cards/account numbers? Man, a lot of inconsistencies going on. Smiley Frustrated

I guess it is best for everyone to wait and see how this thing plays out. I'll put off making any Macy's purchases as well until things clear up.

In the back of my mind there's a nagging feeling that these CLs won't stay either...

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 98 of 125
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I posted here earlier about how I requested a CLI to 5k to see if it would be a HP or not, no its still not and my request was approved! Smiley Very Happy.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 99 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

Willawar, how long ago was your last request? I closed my Macy's but am looking to do one on my Bloomingdale's if no HP. Just had a tiny one about two month ago, however.

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 100 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.