Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Merging

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's Merging

@willwar14 wrote:

Its a Credit Line, it can be used for whatever in there store, beds clothes etc, anything.

Although the online information shows a combined limit, the automated phone line lists separate balances for "total",  "regular" and "club plan". I never received a letter from Macy's explaining the new account set up. It might be related to the timing of my account since it is still fairly new. Is there information available on how the account functions now?

More than enough credit.
Message 121 of 125
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

Am I the only one still unable to access my account online:

MacysError.png

Still no luck here either.  notably, does anyone know if account numbers and other info will remain the same for online bill pay via BOA BillPay?

Message 122 of 125
DollazSense
New Contributor

I kept getting the same error message yesterday as it was my first time logging in since paying my bill in early August. Today, I received a slightly different message, acknowleding the error and telling me to call Macy's customer service number at 888-257-6757. After explaining my issue, the sales associate tells me the website would be up and running again by next week. o__O.

He recommended I pay over the phone for free or in store.

Severals hours later, tonight, I tried again and the option to click on the make a payment button was no longer there. Instead, I clicked on the add a credit card to your profile-option and basically setup my credit card account all over again. Now I can get in the new systems with no problems. Although I had to set up security questions, provide my card number, last four digits of my SSN and opt in for paperless statements again... my Chase Checking Account info from the old system had been saved and stored into the new system.

Now, just when I thought I had figured everything out, I encountered another error upon trying to process the payment.

I have a Bloomingdales store card and when I tried logging in over there, I had no issues.

I don't know what's going on. :-(

I'm on a debt-free journey, y'all.
Message 123 of 125
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DollazSense wrote:

I kept getting the same error message yesterday as it was my first time logging in since paying my bill in early August. Today, I received a slightly different message, acknowleding the error and telling me to call Macy's customer service number at 888-257-6757. After explaining my issue, the sales associate tells me the website would be up and running again by next week. o__O.

He recommended I pay over the phone for free or in store.

Severals hours later, tonight, I tried again and the option to click on the make a payment button was no longer there. Instead, I clicked on the add a credit card to your profile-option and basically setup my credit card account all over again. Now I can get in the new systems with no problems. Although I had to set up security questions, provide my card number, last four digits of my SSN and opt in for paperless statements again... my Chase Checking Account info from the old system had been saved and stored into the new system.

Now, just when I thought I had figured everything out, I encountered another error upon trying to process the payment.

I have a Bloomingdales store card and when I tried logging in over there, I had no issues.

I don't know what's going on. :-(

Clear your cache/history and cookies and retry again.  Optionally, use a different browser and see if that remedies the issue.  I had something similar happen and was able to view both Bloomingdale's and Macy's accounts later on.  It appears they are still having some technical issues and may take some time to iron those out.

Message 124 of 125
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Am I the only one still unable to access my account online:

MacysError.png

Still no luck here either.  notably, does anyone know if account numbers and other info will remain the same for online bill pay via BOA BillPay?

Account numbers should not have changed unless you reported your card lost.  So you should be able to push a payment from BOA's BillPay service.

Message 125 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.