Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Merging

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Merging

My limit is now 4.4k, nice way to start off my morning Smiley Very Happy.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 21 of 125
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Love my new $3,500 Macy's limit looks a lot better then the $1000 limit I had yesterday
Message 22 of 125
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Regarding the AmEx cards, the split is simple. Activity on the AmEx side in the last 15 months, you will remain "classic" which is the one card, two statement, two credit line account type. If no activity on the AmEx side in the last 15 months, you were combined into a "single line" which is a combined limit, one statement type. This is disappointing, I now have an AmEx card that will report as a brand new acct despite being told it would merge into one account type.

Message 23 of 125
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@GlamGirl wrote:
Checked my account details through the automatic system, and now it's states balance used and (merged) credit limit amount from all the different accounts. ☺️

Figured I'd call the system, too.   My store account reflects a merged CL from my Revolving ($2500) and Special Events ($2900).   AMEX is still separate.    I wonder how this will show on the CRs?

The closed secondary accounts will show as "closed/transferred" and your store and AmEx will continue to report as two accounts. Unfortunately you probably used the AmEx side in the last 15 months? If so, you will remain a classic account :/ I don't understand why they didn't merge everyone into a single line account.

Message 24 of 125
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Indeed,,, checked mine following above methods told my Amex limit is 17,400,, so all account of mine were combined even though I didn't have a balance on any of them...just
m2c ...lol

*edit... I actually got a CLI on mine just realized total is more than my previous CL's combined

Message 25 of 125
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@mxp114 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@GlamGirl wrote:
Checked my account details through the automatic system, and now it's states balance used and (merged) credit limit amount from all the different accounts. ☺️

Figured I'd call the system, too.   My store account reflects a merged CL from my Revolving ($2500) and Special Events ($2900).   AMEX is still separate.    I wonder how this will show on the CRs?

The closed secondary accounts will show as "closed/transferred" and your store and AmEx will continue to report as two accounts. Unfortunately you probably used the AmEx side in the last 15 months? If so, you will remain a classic account :/ I don't understand why they didn't merge everyone into a single line account.

My Special Events account never reported, so this should probably just look like a CLI on the Macy's Store side.

That's a shame about the AMEX side.   It would have been nice to have a single AMEX/store line.   No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 26 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I had to actually speak with a CSR to get my info.  Nothing was on automated.  She said mine have all merged and my CL is now $14,600.  Everything merged.  Amex, Store, Club, Special Events, and Major Purchase.  Very happy!

Message 27 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@GlamGirl wrote:

That's actually incorrect.  If you have a Macy's Amex, then it all goes onto that card and you will ONLY have that card.  All other lines and cards are merged onto the Amex. 

Same goes if you ONLY have a Macy's Store card.  I was told that the other lines showing would be deleted on Credit Reports.  I don't know how most would feel about that, but it would improve my AAoA if that happened. 

Message 28 of 125
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@GlamGirl wrote:

That's actually incorrect.  If you have a Macy's Amex, then it all goes onto that card and you will ONLY have that card.  All other lines and cards are merged onto the Amex. 

Same goes if you ONLY have a Macy's Store card.  I was told that the other lines showing would be deleted on Credit Reports.  I don't know how most would feel about that, but it would improve my AAoA if that happened. 

It's possible that there is an internal limit for the AMEX and the store sides that remains separate.   I suppose we really won't know for sure until we see the updates on the CRs.   

For now, I "merged" my Special Events and Revolving CLs in my signature.   If the CRs show differently for the AMEX, I'll have to update.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 29 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@GlamGirl wrote:

It's possible that there is an internal limit for the AMEX and the store sides that remains separate.   I suppose we really won't know for sure until we see the updates on the CRs.   

For now, I "merged" my Special Events and Revolving CLs in my signature.   If the CRs show differently for the AMEX, I'll have to update.   

That was what I was told on the phone about 30 minutes ago.  It's also exactly what my only letter from macy's stated as well.  Everything merged with mine.  New CL is $14,600 and I'll be receiving a new Amex card with the chip in a few weeks.

Message 30 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.