Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Merging

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Merging

We won't know for sure until the system is back online and we all check our reports...it sounds like we will all see different things...time will tell.

Message 41 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

When I called the automated system and take it for what it's worth it said That my in store Macy's Account was $21,700 and my Amex was $5000

Bloomingdales in Store Account was $21,500 and my Amex was $4000.  As far as my credit report go Macy's and Bloomingdales both updated as of Aug 18.

Message 42 of 125
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Well mine was not merged. The special events was merged with the revolver. 6200 limit. Amex 3k. Separate.

My original letter also stated that the AMEX and store lines would remain separate.

As a general thought, I understand that the confusion around Macy's credit changes is frustrating.   On top of this, members have received conflicting information and witnessed conflicting results; please keep calm about this.   Reports of differences in information should not be regarded as any sort of personal attack.   Let's keep information flowing to each other.  This is a dialogue and we're all here to learn more about the situation.  

Well said and I agree since that is the current merger outcome that some individuals are experiencing including mine.  And mxp114 also provided another data point that would likely impact those "classic" account profiles which could see some changes next year.

Message 43 of 125
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

We won't know for sure until the system is back online and we all check our reports...it sounds like we will all see different things...time will tell.

Exactly.

Message 44 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

image.jpg

Message 45 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

CitiGroup  is managing the accounts for Bloomingdale's and Macy's now. 

Message 46 of 125
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I want to see my account online like that.  My Macy's account still doesn't show up.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 47 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

I want to see my account online like that.  My Macy's account still doesn't show up.

Yeah Macy's never came up for me neither but did Citigroup always handle the accounts or is that something new? 

Message 48 of 125
taxi818
Super Contributor

Omg. I just went online and checked my account. No one told us citi  would be taking over Macy's credit cad profile. Maybe this is why all the nonsense. Yikes. I want a cli. But now I'm too scared to ask for it and afraid of hp. Does anyone know who they pull for hp's. I hope not eq. Anyone want to be GP? And try it out? 

Message 49 of 125
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

And so I go to the website again, even though I came from the website, and there it was, well there was the link. 

Yup, combined limits, just as it was told to us months ago and the phone system yesterday.

A bit more friendly to the eyes too!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 50 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.