Re: Macy's Merging

Mine didn't combine  Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 9.18.34 AM.png

Message 51 of 125
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Omg. I just went online and checked my account. No one told us citi  would be taking over Macy's credit cad profile. Maybe this is why all the nonsense. Yikes. I want a cli. But now I'm too scared to ask for it and afraid of hp. Does anyone know who they pull for hp's. I hope not eq. Anyone want to be GP? And try it out? 

They have been managing the portfolio for years, so not really anything new.  I think they just simply contracted with Macy's to extend what they do for them.  It is probably still a SP.

Macy's probably still decides many of the things about the account.  Target sold their portfolio to TD Bank, but they still dictate most of what happens.  (I had an informative discussion about this with a supervisor from Target just the other day.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 52 of 125
taxi818
Super Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Omg. I just went online and checked my account. No one told us citi  would be taking over Macy's credit cad profile. Maybe this is why all the nonsense. Yikes. I want a cli. But now I'm too scared to ask for it and afraid of hp. Does anyone know who they pull for hp's. I hope not eq. Anyone want to be GP? And try it out? 

They have been managing the portfolio for years, so not really anything new.  I think they just simply contracted with Macy's to extend what they do for them.  It is probably still a SP.

Macy's probably still decides many of the things about the account.  Target sold their portfolio to TD Bank, but they still dictate most of what happens.  (I had an informative discussion about this with a supervisor from Target just the other day.)

Thanks. I had no idea of the affiliation. Since I just saw it going to citi group. Panic citi. But ok. I will ask for cli. 

Message 53 of 125
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Macy s Credit Card  Home.jpeg

The new site is Awesome!!

Message 54 of 125
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

the luv button says they may request a copy of your credit report

Message 55 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

the luv button says they may request a copy of your credit report

I was just about to mention that because when I was on Bloomingdale's  and decided to hit the love button that was the last line before you hit submit. 

Message 56 of 125
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@TiggerDat wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Thanks. I had no idea of the affiliation. Since I just saw it going to citi group. Panic citi. But ok. I will ask for cli. 

If you call them, you will know immediately instead of waiting.  It looks like they still use the same method as before for online requests.  Which further leads me to believe that it is still the same as it was before.

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 57 of 125
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

OK, so there might be a HP, but I think that existed with Macy's before too, just they hardly did it.

So then the question is:  Who is going to be the first victim, I mean person, to try it?

Message 58 of 125
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Did anybody see the activate your amex macys card link on the site I have the store card does that mean anything possibly I'm getting the amex version or is that just an added feature to the new site
Message 59 of 125
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Tomgon1981 wrote:
Did anybody see the activate your amex macys card link on the site I have the store card does that mean anything possibly I'm getting the amex version or is that just an added feature to the new site

When I got the Amax I had to go login and add the card  to my profile and then  showed up. 

Message 60 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.