Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Moving Fraud Block... AGAIN!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Moving Fraud Block... AGAIN!

Some might remember my post about the account being locked and fraud check being placed on the account for change of address accept they never called or stated it, just policy when address change... Anyway, fast forward.. it's been over a month since moving and since doing the verification and unlocking the account.

This morning my partner missed phone call and it was Macy's Fraud Prevention... Call back and she says looks like with the recent address and phone change your account has been blocked for a verification call.

I said, the move from last month?

Yes Sir.

I said, that was over 1 month ago, the account was already blocked, already verified and unlocked and has not been used since... why would you block it now?

she said, beacuse of the recent move... I'm not sure, I just need to verify.

I said no, you can get me a supervisor, the account was verified and it has not been used since and I don't understand why you call me asking all these personal questions to "verify" me but you can't even tell me why the account would be reviewed a second time for the same thing with no use since the first and it doesn't even sound like you can see the first hold and verifiction.

She comes back and says the hold is because you recently upgraded to the American Express Card.

I was like HOLY NO!

she says, you "tried to upgrade".

I was like no again, this account opened from the beginning Macy's American Express and the only recent change was the uprgrade to Preferred (the Black Card) that is not an information change, or charges on my end... 

She then comes back from another hold and says it's because of a live chat I did on June 24th about a credit line increase on the american express. Was that you?

I said probably, what's wrong with that?

She says, that's why the block was placed.

Me  - Wait, so because of live chat on June 24th, over 3 weeks later you block my account, the account has been blocked for over 3 weeks and you are just contacting me? (I ask this because I just talked to the rep yesterday about the premier, clearly no block then)

her - well looks like the block was placed today, but because of the chat on the 24th.

me - okay, you have changed your answer every step of this conversation and have put me on hold 4 times now... I'm about to block Macy's from me, you are scary with how little you know on my account and how many times you have changed your story.

Supervisor gets on the phone and starts to say it looks like you are saying "you did not request a credit line increase on june 24th and that's why the account is blocked?"

I said, NO... NO NO, this is crazy and went through the 3 story changes, the 4 holds by the rep and the 2 blocks on my account and the 4 times now I have requested to be upgraded to preferred card for my spending and the 2 months I have been trying to do that and now you block my account again and want me to verify my information.. I think you need to verify your information!

she says "I'm sorry sir, I have removed the block and it looks like they put a rush on your preferred cards upgrade yesterday and I apologize again for the issues and confusion"

LOL, I think it's kind of funny that in the end she was like oopps, what have we done here and removed the block without asking me a single question beyond my address but I also think it's the way it should have been.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's Moving Fraud Block... AGAIN!

Lesson: Don't apply to Macys until you have settled down. Also, don't ask a live chat Macys CSR about a credit limit increase. 

Hahaha Smiley LOL

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm trying to wrap my head around this Macy's fraud block/unblock. Is it because the AU, not the primary is contacting them? I haven't had my account that long but the two times I've called these threads are in the back of my head.
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this Macy's fraud block/unblock. Is it because the AU, not the primary is contacting them? I haven't had my account that long but the two times I've called these threads are in the back of my head.

no, when chat was done my partner was logged in and verified himself. (Me as auth have never done anything as me... I just usually take over after verifications!) he hates doing credit stuff especially talking to credit people.

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Do you have a fraud alert or was your account(s) compromised in the past? Or is it dependent on where you reside?

I moved over 5 times in the past 8 years and all I did was to call in and update my addresses for each bank. Never ran into any issues thus far yet.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No fraud alert and no issues with anyone else... Macy's Visa or Amex as it is now has always been VERY fraud lock sensitive with changes, travel, etc. but at least have a clear picture of what's going on before calling your customer about security!!
Message 7 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

no, when chat was done my partner was logged in and verified himself. (Me as auth have never done anything as me... I just usually take over after verifications!) he hates doing credit stuff especially talking to credit people.

Maybe they are using some kind of voice security print and realize they are not talking to the correct person  Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.