cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's New Acct's Are NOT Hidden TL's...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Macy's New Acct's Are NOT Hidden TL's...

Just to let everyone who called in or chatted and got one or both Special Events or Club Acct. added to their Macy's card, I just got an alert from myFico that a new acct. showed up on my EQ report---Macy's. It's one of the 2 TL's I opened last week. Fortunately I didn't get a score drop for it--the little bit my UTIL went down probably compensated for that....but still did not want this to show as a new & seperate TL. Oh well-what's done is done.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's New Acct's Are NOT Hidden TL's...

Thanks for the heads up! This has me wondering if it's best to wait until after they merge all of these accounts to see how best to apply. Getting a HP (as someone else reported) and a new TL are not worth it for me at the moment.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 22
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anomolous: I didn't incur a HP when I opened the 2 accts. In fact they never asked for my social, only my acct. number and some other questions. But like they say on here...YMMV.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think the panic is warranted. This is not like getting a $250 new account with the SCT.

You're looking at $5000-$10,000 in one or 2 tradelines. That is a HUGE boost to a credit report all for a sp and a phone call.

Message 4 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think the panic is warranted. This is not like getting a $250 new account with the SCT.

You're looking at $5000-$10,000 in one or 2 tradelines. That is a HUGE boost to a credit report all for a sp and a phone call.

Agreed. and hoarder.Im guessing you actually used the accounts? in most cases as long as you did not actually use the accounts they stayed hidden. but i know many who put something on them and they were shown on credit report. interesting to know if and how they combine the limits. sorry. CH. this happened to you.

Message 5 of 22
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

L O L

Message 6 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IME, I've had activity on both the Club and the MPA/Special Events accounts in the past and they've never reported. By the same token, they have been upgrading their systems in the last year (give or take) so it makes sense that newly opened accounts would report even with the upcoming changes on the horizon. Thus, it should be no surprise to many on the outcome as far as showing up on CRAs.
Message 7 of 22
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Taxi: No I haven't use the Club or the SE accts yet. But I did charge something the other day (a $22 wallet) on my regular acct. for the first time in a little over 1.5 years.

BUSINESS
Message 8 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. Bummer. I got the se account recently. But haven't used my card since last October. Maybe that's why it hasn't reported.
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

if it reports as a new TL i wont mind because i got 10k. Smiley Very Happy but as metioned YMWV

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.